Chip Lupo, Credit Card Writer
The main Milestone Credit Card requirements are that an applicant must be at least 18 years old with a valid Social Security number. Applicants must also have a physical U.S. address, enough income to make monthly minimum payments, and at least bad credit.
Milestone Credit Card Requirements
- At least 18 years old
- Physical U.S. address (no P.O. boxes)
- Proof of enough income to make the monthly minimum payment
- Social Security number
- Bad credit or better
If you apply for the Milestone Credit Card, it’s important that you enter all required information completely and accurately. Knowingly reporting false or misleading information on a credit card application is a federal crime.
Milestone® Mastercard® - Less Than Perfect Credit Considered
Richard M Joseph III, Member
You can get approved for a Milestone Mastercard based on your on-time monthly payments your bills (credit cards and loans). You should definitely wait until your credit scores climb higher around 650 to start thinking about applying for a new credit card.
You need to avoid hard inquiries from lenders or financial banking services because you get penalized by FICO and VantageScore 3.0 when these lenders report your financial activities to the 3-credit bureaus: Transunion, Equifax, and Experian.
What I've been learning about credit scores, credit report history, and creditworthiness has been very helpful and useful in my bold decision and hopeful quest to improve my credit. To improve my credit score, I've learned about the following:
1. Payment history: Pay my bills on time every month, (although I can't pay them all in full at once). Do not miss a payment!
2. Credit utilization: Use my credit less. Only make a purchase I really need, not want,
3. Account/Credit age: Do not close credit cards or bank accounts unless they're comprised. The older your credit age, the better,
4. Account diversity/mix or types of credit: Have not only credit cards, but an auto/car loan, a student loan (if not yet paid in full) and a mortgage loan,
5. Hard credit inquiries: Do not apply for than 2 credit cards or loans within a short period of time which would 12 months.
Another thing you should consider is a secured credit card which is said to have no impact on one's credit score. Look for pre-approved credit cards from the mail and online. Stay positive and take a good risk!
Judy Young, Member
When I got mine, I was at 620.
People also ask
Did we answer your question?