Chip Lupo, Credit Card Writer
To do a balance transfer with the PenFed Pathfinder card, new applicants can just complete the balance transfer portion of the PenFed Pathfinder application. Existing cardholders can request a balance transfer online or by calling customer service at 1-800-247-5626.
PenFed Pathfinder balance transfers usually take a few days to process. In the meantime, continue to make payments on your original debt to avoid any late fees and possible damage to your credit score.
How to Do a Balance Transfer with PenFed Pathfinder (New Applicants)
- Open the PenFed Pathfinder application.
- Enter the account number for your existing balance.
- Enter the amount you want to transfer.
- Include standard application info such as your name, social security number, and annual income.
- Submit the application.
How to Do a Balance Transfer with PenFed Pathfinder (Existing Cardholders)
- Log in to your PenFed Pathfinder account.
- Select “More account info and actions”
- Click “Balance Transfer.”
- Enter the account number(s) and the amount(s) you’d like to transfer.
- Verify your information is correct and submit the application.
Key Things to Know About a PenFed Pathfinder Balance Transfer
The PenFed Pathfinder card only accepts balance transfers from other credit cards. The PenFed Pathfinder card does not allow balance transfers from other PenFed credit accounts.
If you’re transferring a balance to a credit card with an introductory APR on balance transfers, try to pay off the balance before the introductory rate expires. Any balance remaining after that will accumulate interest daily at the card’s regular APR. Using a balance transfer calculator can be a big help.
Finally, there is a 3% fee on PenFed Pathfinder balance transfers. Make sure to take this into account, too.
People also ask
Did we answer your question?