The Uber Card’s benefits include cellphone insurance, rental car insurance, baggage insurance, travel accident insurance, trip cancellation and interruption insurance, no foreign transaction fees, purchase assurance, free FICO score access, and price protection. There’s also a $50 yearly credit for online subscription services after spending $5,000 in net purchases over a year, which is a nice perk.
That $50 credit covers popular choices like Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, Hulu, HBO NOW, DirecTV NOW, Audible, and Shoprunner. Music subscriptions that qualify for the credit include Apple Music, Google Music, Amazon Music, Sirius XM, Spotify, and Pandora.
Another popular Uber Card benefit is cell phone insurance. If you pay your cellphone bill with your Uber card, the card’s insurance may give you up to $600 (minus the $25 deductible) if your cellphone is stolen or damaged. You might reconsider travelling with your phone in a checked bag, though, because the Uber Card will not cover a phone stolen out of luggage that’s not in your supervision. Depending on your phone protection claim, they may choose to repair or replace your cell phone, reimburse you up to $600 per claim (up to 2 claims and $1,200 per 12 months), or pay the cellphone provider’s retail estimate for a similar replacement. This insurance kicks in the month after your phone bill is charged to the Uber card, and you’ll keep it as long as you pay your phone bill every month with the card. Rented, borrowed, and prepaid/pay-as-you-go phones are not covered.
Full List of Uber Credit Card Benefits:
- $50 yearly credit for online subscription services after spending $5,000 in net purchases over a year.
- Cellphone insurance, up to 2 claims or $1,200 annually.
- Rental car insurance, up to the actual cash value of the car.
- Baggage insurance, up to $300 or $100 per day for 3 days.
- Travel accident insurance, up to $250,000.
- Trip cancellation and interruption insurance, up to $1,500.
- No foreign transaction fees.
- Purchase assurance, on items damaged or stolen within 90 days of purchase; up to $500 per loss or $50,000 per year.
- Free FICO score access.
- Price protection on items within 120 days of purchase, up to $250 per claim (max. 4 claims per year).
- Satisfaction guarantee on non-returnable purchases up to $500 (max. $1,000 per year) within 90 days of purchase.
- Warranty manager provides the ability to manage product warranties, and extends eligible warranties (cannot be longer than 3 years) for up to 1 year past their expiration date. Max. $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per cardholder.
Before relying on any of these benefits, check to make sure you fit the criteria for coverage. Credit card companies have been cutting card benefits with a heavy hand in the past few years, and these benefits can change or be cancelled at any time.
WalletHub Answers is a free service that helps consumers access financial information. Information on WalletHub Answers is provided “as is” and should not be considered financial, legal or investment advice. WalletHub is not a financial advisor, law firm, “lawyer referral service,” or a substitute for a financial advisor, attorney, or law firm. You may want to hire a professional before making any decision. WalletHub does not endorse any particular contributors and cannot guarantee the quality or reliability of any information posted. The helpfulness of a financial advisor's answer is not indicative of future advisor performance.