The United Explorer Card 70k miles offer is an old deal that wasn’t even available to everyone. Some people have said they received a special offer for 70k United Explorer miles, but all of these reports are from 2017. At that time, the United Explorer Card’s standard signup offer was 50k bonus miles. And the card was actually called the United MileagePlus Explorer card.
It has since been rebranded as the United Explorer Card, and it currently offers a signup bonus of 60,000 miles, broken up into two parts. You’ll earn 40,000 bonus miles once you spend $2,000 in the first 3 months. You can then earn another 20,000 bonus miles after spending a total of $8,000 in the first 6 months.
What replaced the United Explorer Card 70k offer:
- 40k bonus miles when you spend $2,000 in the first 3 months.
- 20k more bonus miles when you spend $8,000 in the first 6 months.
- Free checked bag on United flights for you and 1 guest.
- 2 United Club lounge passes ($100+ value) when you open the card and on every account anniversary.
- 25% statement credit on United in-flight food, beverage and Wi-Fi purchases.
- 2 miles per $1 spent at restaurants and on hotel purchases (1 per $1 on everything else).
- Priority boarding on United flights.
So you won’t get 70k bonus miles with the United Explorer card. But the combination of a 60k mile bonus and the other benefits still makes it a good travel card worth considering.
WalletHub Answers is a free service that helps consumers access financial information. Information on WalletHub Answers is provided “as is” and should not be considered financial, legal or investment advice. WalletHub is not a financial advisor, law firm, “lawyer referral service,” or a substitute for a financial advisor, attorney, or law firm. You may want to hire a professional before making any decision. WalletHub does not endorse any particular contributors and cannot guarantee the quality or reliability of any information posted. The helpfulness of a financial advisor's answer is not indicative of future advisor performance.
WalletHub members have a wealth of knowledge to share, and we encourage everyone to do so while respecting our content guidelines
. Please keep in mind that editorial and user-generated content on this page is not reviewed or otherwise endorsed by any financial institution. In addition, it is not a financial institution’s responsibility to ensure all posts and questions are answered.