Chip Lupo, Credit Card Writer
Yes, you can upgrade your BankAmericard® credit card to a better offer as long as you’ve had the card for at least several months, and you will have the best odds if your credit score and income have gone up since you applied. To see if your BankAmericard credit card qualifies for an upgrade, call customer service at 1-800-732-9194. Bank of America also periodically sends targeted upgrade offers to existing cardholders by mail and email.
BankAmericard credit card Upgrade: What You Should Know
- The account should be open for at least several months before requesting an upgrade.
- A history of on-time payments and low credit utilization increases your chances of getting an upgrade.
- Bank of America only allows upgrades to cards within the same card family. For example, you cannot upgrade from BankAmericard credit card to a business card or co-branded card.
- If you upgrade to a Bank of America card with an annual fee, the charge will appear on the new card’s first monthly statement.
- You will not be eligible for any initial bonuses or introductory 0% APR offers associated with the new card, unless they’re included as part of the upgrade offer.
- BankAmericard credit card upgrades do not require a hard inquiry on your credit report, so there’s no effect on your credit score.
A BankAmericard credit card upgrade typically takes just a few minutes. If you are approved, you should receive your card within 7 - 10 business days from the approval date. Your card number may change, and your new card will come with an updated expiration date and security code.
You can use your old card until the new one arrives, and it will have all the benefits of the new card as soon as the upgrade is complete. Your current credit limit and APR will carry over to the new card, as will any unredeemed rewards, unless stated differently in the upgrade terms.
BankAmericard® credit card
People also ask
Did we answer your question?