Chip Lupo, Credit Card Writer
Yes, you can upgrade your Wells Fargo Platinum credit card to a better offer as long as you’ve had the card for at least several months. You will have the best odds if your credit score and income have gone up since you applied. To see if your Wells Fargo Platinum card qualifies for an upgrade, call customer service at 1-800-869-3557.
Wells Fargo Platinum Card Upgrade: What You Should Know
- The account should be open for at least several months before requesting an upgrade.
- A history of on-time payments and low credit utilization increases your chances of getting an upgrade.
- Wells Fargo only allows upgrades to cards within the same card family. For example, you cannot upgrade from Wells Fargo Platinum to a business card or co-branded card.
- You will not be eligible for any initial bonuses or introductory 0% APR offers associated with the new card, unless they’re included as part of the upgrade offer.
- Wells Fargo Platinum card upgrades do not require a hard inquiry on your credit report, so there’s no effect on your credit score.
A Wells Fargo Platinum card upgrade typically takes just a few minutes. If you are approved, you should receive your card within 10 business days from the approval date. Your card number may change, and your new card will come with an updated expiration date and security code.
You can use your old card until the new one arrives, and it will have all the benefits of the new card as soon as the upgrade is complete. Your current credit limit and APR will carry over to the new card, as will any unredeemed rewards, unless stated differently in the upgrade terms.
People also ask
Did we answer your question?