Chip Lupo, Credit Card Writer
To do a balance transfer with the U.S. Bank Altitude Connect card, new applicants can just complete the balance transfer portion of the U.S. Bank Altitude Connect application. Existing cardholders can request a balance transfer online or by calling customer service at (800) 285-8585.
U.S. Bank Altitude Connect balance transfers usually take 14 days to process. In the meantime, continue to make payments on your original debt to avoid any late fees and possible damage to your credit score.
How to Do a Balance Transfer with U.S. Bank Altitude Connect (New Applicants)
- Open the U.S. Bank Altitude Connect
- Enter the account number for your existing balance.
- Enter the amount you want to transfer.
- Include standard application info such as your name, Social Security number, and annual income.
- Submit the application.
How to Do a Balance Transfer with U.S. Bank Altitude Connect (Existing Cardholders)
- Log in to your U.S. Bank Altitude Connect account.
- Select “Payments and limit” from the My Accounts
- Click “Request a balance transfer.”
- Enter the account number(s) and the amount(s) you’d like to transfer.
- Verify your information is correct and submit the application.
Key Things to Know About a U.S. Bank Altitude Connect Balance Transfer
The U.S. Bank Altitude Connect card accepts balance transfers from other credit cards, along with loans and other lines of credit. The U.S. Bank Altitude Connect card does not allow balance transfers from other U.S. Bank credit accounts.
If you’re transferring a balance to a credit card with an introductory APR on balance transfers, try to pay off the balance before the introductory rate expires. Any balance remaining after that will accumulate interest daily at the card’s regular APR. Using a balance transfer calculator can be a big help.
Finally, there is a 3% (min $5) fee on U.S. Bank Altitude Connect balance transfers. Make sure to take this into account, too.
People also ask
Did we answer your question?