Thomas Friedman, WalletHub Credit Card Analyst
You can request a U.S. Bank Visa® Platinum Card credit limit increase online, through the U.S. Bank mobile app, or by calling customer service at (800) 285-8585. To raise your chances of being approved for a higher credit limit, pay your bill on time for at least six straight months, reduce your outstanding debt, and update the income U.S. Bank has on file. U.S. Bank will be more likely to increase your credit limit if the revised income clearly shows that you can afford a higher limit.
How To Get a U.S. Bank Platinum Credit Limit Increase Online
- Log in to your online account or the U.S. Bank mobile app.
- Choose the U.S. Bank Platinum card from the list of account options (if you have more than one U.S. Bank card).
- Click “Self Service,” and then “Request Credit Limit Increase.”
- Enter annual income, monetary assets and monthly housing payment. Click “Review my request.”
- Confirm the information entered and click “Submit my request” to complete the request.
You should receive a decision in just a few seconds. If you’re approved for a U.S. Bank Platinum credit limit increase, the new limit is effective immediately.
Impact of a U.S. Bank Platinum Credit Limit Increase on Your Credit Score
When you request a U.S. Bank Platinum credit limit increase, U.S. Bank will conduct a hard pull of your credit report, which will cause a short-term dip in your credit score. U.S. Bank cannot do a hard pull without your permission, though.
Alternatively, you could be eligible for a U.S. Bank Platinum credit limit increase without even requesting one. The U.S. Bank Platinum may offer an automatic credit limit increase if U.S. Bank’s regular review of your account shows a history of on-time payments and low debt. An automatic credit limit increase involves a soft pull, which does not affect your credit score.
People also ask
Did we answer your question?