Maria Adams, Credit Cards Moderator
The USAA credit score requirement is 750 for most cards. This means that people with excellent credit have a decent shot at getting some of the best USAA credit card offers. USAA also offers a credit card for people with good credit (a credit score of 700), plus two other cards for people with bad credit (a credit score of 300).
To see which USAA credit card you qualify for, make sure to check your credit score before applying.
USAA Credit Score Requirements by Card
- USAA® Rewards™ American Express® Card: 750+ (Excellent credit)
- USAA® Preferred Cash Rewards Visa Signature® Card: 750+ (Excellent credit)
- USAA® Rewards™ Visa Signature® Card: 700+ (Good credit)
- USAA® Cashback Rewards Plus American Express® Card: 750+ (Excellent credit)
- USAA® Rate Advantage Visa Platinum® Card: 750+ (Excellent credit)
- USAA® Secured American Express® Card: 300+ (Bad credit)
- USAA® Secured Visa Platinum® Card: 300+ (Bad credit)
You should note that while your credit score is an important factor, there are plenty of other things that will impact your chances of being approved for a USAA credit card, too. Some other key criteria include your income, existing debt load, number of open accounts, recent credit inquiries, employment status, and housing status.
2023's Best USAA Bank Credit CardsCompare Cards
People also ask
Did we answer your question?