Chip Lupo, Credit Card Writer
You can request a USAA credit limit increase online or by calling customer service at (800) 531-8722. To raise your chances of being approved for a higher credit limit, pay your bill on time for at least six straight months, reduce your outstanding debt, and update the income USAA has on file. USAA will be more likely to increase your credit limit if the revised income clearly shows that you can afford a higher limit.
How to Get a USAA Credit Limit Increase Online
- Log in to your online account.
- Choose the USAA card for which you're requesting the increase (if you have more than one card).
- Click "Account Services," and then "Change Credit Limit."
- Enter your required information and click "Continue."
- Confirm the information and click "Submit" to complete the request.
- You should receive a decision in just a few seconds. If you're approved for a USAA credit limit increase, the new limit will be effective immediately.
Impact of a USAA Credit Limit Increase on Your Credit Score
When you request a USAA credit limit increase, USAA will conduct a hard pull of your credit report, which will cause a short-term dip in your credit score. USAA cannot do a hard pull without your permission, though.
On the other hand, there are times when you could be eligible for a USAA credit limit increase without even requesting one. USAA may offer an automatic credit limit increase if its regular reviews of your account show a history of on-time payments and low debt. An automatic credit limit increase involves a soft pull, which does not affect your credit score
2023's Best USAA Bank Credit CardsCompare Cards
People also ask
Did we answer your question?