Chip Lupo, Credit Card Writer
There is no minimum credit score requirement for Visa credit cards overall. A good credit score is recommended, though you will need a credit score of 700 or higher to be approved for some of the best Visa credit cards. You can get a Visa credit card with a bad credit score or no credit score at all.
Generally, a credit card network does not actually set credit score requirements for any of its cards. Credit scores and other requirements for approval are the responsibility of the banks and credit unions that issue Visa credit cards in the United States.
Credit Score Needed for Notable Visa Credit Cards
- Chase Sapphire Reserve®: Excellent credit (a credit score of 750+)
- Chase Freedom Unlimited®: Good credit (a credit score of 700+)
- Upgrade Cash Rewards Visa®: Fair credit (a credit score of 640+)
- Petal® 2 Visa® Credit Card: Limited History (less than 3 years of credit history)
- OpenSky® Secured Visa® Credit Card: Bad credit (a credit score of 300+)
- Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa® for Rebuilding Credit (Unsecured): Bad credit (a credit score of 300+)
You can check your credit score to be sure you’ll have high odds of being approved for a Visa credit card before you apply. Once you have your credit score, you can then search for appropriate Visa credit card offers online to get a better idea about which cards best fit your needs.
2023's Best Visa Credit CardsCompare Cards
People also ask
Did we answer your question?