Your Walmart Credit Card approval odds are decent if you have at least a 640 credit score and a steady income. You’ll need 640+ for the store card version, which can only be used at Walmart, and 700+ for the Mastercard, which can be used anywhere. You’ll need income to make your payments, and Synchrony Bank (the issuer) will look at lots of other factors, too. They’ll consider your debt and the number of cards you already have, for instance.
So it’s hard to gauge your approval odds without knowing your personal situation. And Synchrony Bank unfortunately doesn’t let you check for pre approval to gauge your odds. They might send you a pre approved offer in the mail, though.
Here’s how to check your Walmart Credit Card approval odds:
- Your odds are best for the Walmart Mastercard if you have a credit score of 700+.
- Your odds are best for the Walmart Store Card if you have a credit score of 640+.
- How much income and debt you have, how many times you’ve applied for credit recently, and other factors will also affect your approval odds.
- If Synchrony sent you a pre approved offer in the mail, your chances of being approved are very high. It’s still not a guarantee, though.
- If you apply online or in-store, you might get instant approval if your credit and income clearly exceed the requirements. Otherwise, it could take a few weeks for Synchrony Bank to come to a final decision.
If you’re approved for a Walmart card, you should receive it in the mail within 10 business days. In the meantime, you’ll get a temporary card number so you can make purchases right away, both in store or online.