Joyce Brown, WalletHub Credit Card Analyst
Your Capital One Walmart Rewards® Mastercard® cash back was likely denied because you exceeded the $400 daily limit for Quick Cash or your card’s total cash advance limit.
Quick Cash is a feature available with both the Capital One Walmart Rewards® Mastercard® and the Walmart® Store Card. It allows you to withdraw $400 cash at the register when you make a purchase. And you won’t have to pay a cash advance fee, as the $400 will show up on your bill as a purchase.
The Capital One Walmart Rewards® Mastercard® also lets you withdraw cash from an ATM but charges a cash advance fee of 3% (min $3) as well as a 29.49% (V) APR that begins to accrue immediately.
If you’re denied from redeeming cash back rewards earned on your credit card, that’s a different story. It could be an honest mistake that you can clear up with a quick call to Capital One, the issuer, at 1 (800) 227-4825. And while your rewards won’t expire due to inactivity, you can lose them if your account closes or if it’s not in good standing (i.e., you’re missing payments).
Here’s why your Walmart credit card cash back was denied:
- You already got Walmart Quick Cash once today. You can withdraw up to the daily limit of $400 or the available cash limit whichever is lower. The minimum purchase amount is $0.01. You must make a merchandise purchase in a Walmart or Amigo’s store to make a Quick Cash transaction.
- You’re not making a purchase. Quick Cash is only available when you buy something (of any amount).
- You’re over the cash advance limit. Although Quick Cash transactions are processed as payments, they count against your cash advance limit, which is a portion of your overall credit limit. Your Walmart credit card cash advance limit is listed on your monthly billing statement.
- Capital One made an error. If you’re looking for your cash back rewards but can’t find them, it’s possible Capital One made a mistake. Call them at 1 (800) 227-4825 to check out the situation.
- Your account’s not in good standing. You’ll be denied any unredeemed cash back you’ve earned if you miss payments or close your account.
Capital One Walmart Rewards® Mastercard®
Dianne Boggs, Member
In the fine print on my Capital One Walmart credit statement it states Capital One will not offer quick cash at Walmart due to the covid19 virus. This is a stupid decision on somebody’s part. For one, Capital one did not notify the customer, nor did anyone at Walmart know why cash wasn't offered. This is not acceptable and I don't see how this decision keeps us safe from the virus. Also there is no way to email Capital One customer service. Either call or send a letter by postal mail. Very frustrating, Capital One
Mark Ellens, Member
It could be that you exceeded your daily limit. You culd try calling their customer service and double checking with them.
People also ask
Did we answer your question?