Chip Lupo, Credit Card Writer
No, you don’t get a discount with the Walmart Credit Card. However, the card offers rewards, which is pretty similar. Both the Capital One Walmart Rewards® Mastercard® and the Walmart® Store Card offer up to 5% back on Walmart.com purchases (including pickup and delivery orders) and 2% back at Walmart stores, Murphy USA, and Walmart gas stations.
Walmart Credit Card Rewards Rates
- 5% back on Walmart.com, including pickup and delivery orders.
- 5% back on Walmart purchases made in-store using Walmart Pay for the first 12 months.
- 2% back on in-store Walmart purchases normally.
- 2% back at Murphy USA and Walmart gas stations.
- 2% back on travel and dining purchases (Walmart Credit Card only).
- 1% back on all other transactions (Walmart Credit Card only).
It is worth noting that Walmart does offer discounts, but you don’t need to use a Walmart Credit Card to get them. Walmart+ members get fuel discounts of up to 10 cents per gallon at participating Walmart, Exxon, Mobil, and Murphy USA gas stations.
When at the gas pump, access your membership page from the Walmart mobile app and follow the instructions to get the discount. Walmart+ memberships are available to all customers for a yearly fee of $98 (or $12.95 per month). There’s also a 30-day free trial period.
Capital One Walmart Rewards® Mastercard®
People also ask
Did we answer your question?