Bogdan Roberts, Credit Cards Moderator
The Barclaycard travel benefits include auto rental insurance, travel accident insurance and no foreign transaction fees. There's also insurance for baggage delays and interrupted trips. These benefits come with several of Barclaycard's travel credit cards, including their entire World Elite Mastercard lineup.
These perks have a high dollar value but come with restrictions that you should be aware of.'
Here are the biggest Barclaycard travel benefits:
- No foreign transaction fee: Most travel-oriented Barclaycards don't make you pay extra when you buy something outside the U.S. or from a merchant based in another country.
- Auto rental insurance: When you charge a car rental to an eligible Barclaycard and decline the rental company's insurance, you're covered for theft or damage up to the cash value of the car. Coverage is for rentals of up to 15 days in your home country and 31 days abroad. It doesn't apply in Israel, Jamaica, Ireland or Northern Ireland.
- Travel Accident Insurance: You're covered up to $250,000 for serious injury or death aboard commercial transport. You just have to charge the trip to your eligible Barclaycard. Coverage also applies to your spouse and dependent, unmarried children.
- Baggage delay insurance: If your Barclaycard offers this benefit, you can get reimbursed up to $100 per day, for up to three days per year, should your baggage get delayed. This benefit covers necessities like toiletries or clothing that you have to buy because you're bag-less. You'll have to show Chase proof of your purchases.
- Trip interruption insurance: You're covered up to $1,500 if you have to postpone or cancel a trip booked with an eligible Barclaycard for reasons you can't control. Covered reasons include accidental injury, disease and the death of a family member.
- Other benefits: Barclaycard's travel credit cards are all co-branded with specific airlines, cruise lines and resorts. Their benefits tend to focus on those companies. They include free checked bags, preferred boarding, and discounts on in-flight food and beverages.
The Barclaycard travel benefits cover you for mishaps large and small. And those benefits are on top of the potential rewards you may get for everyday purchases made with your credit card.
2023's Best Barclays Credit CardsCompare Cards
Percy Rossman, Member
The Barclaycard has no foreign transaction fees, you get auto rental insurance, and you also get travel accident insurance for up to $250,000. You can also have baggage delay insurance of up to $100 per day, but no more than 3 days per year. And you’re covered up to $1,500 if you have to cancel or postpone a trip booked with the card, for reasons such as injury, disease or death of a family member.
Preston Garvey, Member
There are quite a few, depending on which card you're talking about. The Black Mastercard gives you a boat load of points for travel/airfare, but also cash back and lounge access.
People also ask
Did we answer your question?