Cameron DiGiovanni, Writer
The best hotel credit card for a trip to Hawaii is the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant credit card because its 95,000-point initial bonus alone is worth up to several free nights at Marriott hotels in Hawaii. Marriott also has more than 30 hotel and resort locations across the Hawaiian Islands.
In addition to rewards, the best hotel card for a Hawaii trip depends on where you want to stay and how much you want to spend. Each of the Hawaiian islands has incredible hotels from many of the major hotel chains that have their own credit card, including Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, Wyndham and IHG.
Best Hotel Credit Cards for a Trip to Hawaii
- Best Overall: Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® American Express® Card
- Best for Stays on the Big Island: Hilton Honors American Express Card
- Best for Stays in Maui: The World of Hyatt Credit Card
- Best for Stays in Oahu: Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card
- Best for Stays in Kauai: Wyndham Credit Card
- Best Initial Bonus: IHG® Rewards Premier Credit Card
- Best for Traveling on a Budget: Hilton Honors American Express Card
- Best Non-Hotel Travel Card: Chase Sapphire Reserve®
The island-specific cards were chosen based on the location of one or more of the hotel chain’s top Hawaiian hotels. That said, the best credit card for traveling to Hawaii will likely be the credit card that offers the most savings on purchases at your chosen hotel brand. So if you’re staying at a Wyndham hotel in Maui, for example, you should consider a Wyndham co-branded credit card – or even a general travel credit card – rather than Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® American Express® Card.
If you would like more help finding the best hotel rewards credit card for your specific needs, just sign up for a free WalletHub account to get free, personalized card recommendations.
2023's Best Hotel Credit CardsCompare Cards
People also ask
Did we answer your question?