The JetBlue Plus Card’s benefits include a 30,000-point initial bonus, a free checked bag every time you fly, and 6 points per dollar spent on JetBlue Airways purchases. The JetBlue Card also lets you pool rewards with family members and redeem them for any JetBlue flight with no blackout dates.
Since most JetBlue Plus Card benefits involve flying with JetBlue, it’s best for brand loyal frequent flyers. But you need the full picture to decide if JetBlue Plus is right for you.
Here are the top 10 JetBlue Plus benefits:
1. 30,000-point initial bonus: New JetBlue Plus Card customers get 30,000 points for spending $1,000+ in the first 90 days after account opening. That’s worth about $300, based on my calcs.
2. 5,000-point anniversary bonus: From your first account anniversary onward, you’ll get 5,000 bonus points (worth about $50) for every year that you keep your JetBlue Plus account active and in good standing.
3. 6x rewards on JetBlue purchases: For every $1 you spend on JetBlue Airways, you get 6 points. You also get 2 points for every $1 spent at restaurants and on groceries, plus 1 point per $1 for all other purchases.
4. Redeem rewards for any JetBlue flight: As long as your account is open and in good standing, you can redeem your points for any seat on any flight, with no blackout dates. You’ll need to cover the full price of your rewards flight with points. The number of points necessary for redemption varies from flight to flight, depending on price.
5. 10% redemption bonus: Whenever you redeem your reward points for a JetBlue flight, you get 10% of them back as a bonus. So if you purchase a flight with 50,000 rewards points, you’d get 5,000 points credited to your account.
6. Free checked bag: You and up to three travel companions get your first checked bag free, so long as all the tickets were purchased with your JetBlue Plus.
7. Family pooling: You can share your rewards points with up to five people whom you designate as family members. A “family” must consist of no more than two adults over 21, and up to five children under 21. Just log into your TrueBlue account and click the “Create Your Family” tab to get started.
8. No foreign transaction fees: You won’t pay extra for making purchases abroad or through an internationally based merchant with your JetBlue Plus Card.
9. 50% in-flight savings: When you buy food or drinks on a JetBlue flight with your JetBlue Plus Card, you get half the price back as a statement credit. This benefit does not apply to internet access or duty free purchases.
10. Upgrade to Mosaic: JetBlue Plus cardholders who spend $50,000 in a year will be enrolled in JetBlue’s Mosaic loyalty program. Mosaic members get airline fees waived, two free checked bags, early boarding, expedited security lines, complimentary cocktails while flying, and 3 extra points per dollar spent on JetBlue flights.
There are a few other JetBlue Plus Credit Card benefits. For example, you get a $100 statement credit whenever you buy a JetBlue vacations package, which is an all-inclusive “deal” on a trip to a specific report, which usually costs $450+. Such things may or may not save you any money at the end of the day.
Whether or not JetBlue Plus benefits you will ultimately come down to how often you fly JetBlue and whether your credit is good enough to qualify. If the answers are a lot and excellent, then this is a good card for you.