Chip Lupo, Credit Card Writer
The Platinum Card® from American Express has the most perks of any American Express card. The American Express Platinum card is known for its extensive list of perks, including a lucrative initial bonus offer, airport lounge access, and a variety of annual credits.
The American Express Platinum card also offers a high rewards rate on eligible travel purchases, in addition to premium benefits such as elite hotel status and complimentary concierge service. However, its $695 annual fee is also one of the highest among American Express cards.
Notable American Express Platinum Card Perks
- 80,000 points for spending $6,000 in the first 6 months
- 5 points per $1 spent on flights booked with airlines or with American Express Travel (up to $500,000 spent per year), 5 points per $1 spent on prepaid hotels booked through Amex, and 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Complimentary access to 1,400+ airport lounges worldwide
- Up to $200 annual airline fee credit at one select qualifying airline
- Up to $200 per year in statement credits for prepaid bookings with Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection
- Up to $240 per year in digital entertainment credits on select services (enrollment required)
- Walmart+ monthly membership fee credit ($12.95 + applicable taxes)
- Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber Cash annually
- Application fee credit for Global Entry (every 4 years) or TSA PreCheck (every 4.5 years)
- Up to $189 annual CLEAR membership fee credit
- Complimentary concierge service
The American Express Platinum card requires at least good credit to have high odds of approval. To see if you have a shot at qualifying, you can check your credit score for free on WalletHub before you apply.
In addition, American Express offers a wide range of personal and business travel credit cards with a wealth of benefits suitable for different types of applicants. Check out our editors’ picks for the best American Express credit cards to compare their credit card offers, read customer reviews and more.
2023's Best American Express Credit CardsCompare Cards
People also ask
Did we answer your question?