If your Chase credit card application status is under review, that means your application has not yet been approved or denied. Don’t read too much into it, though. You’ll hear back within 7-10 business days of applying in most cases, when you don’t receive a decision instantly. Rarely, however, it can take Chase up to 30 days to make a ruling. If you’ve been waiting for longer than the standard timeframe, you might be able to get more information by calling Chase credit card customer service at 1-800-432-3117. And you can always check your Chase credit card application status both by phone and online.
All Chase credit card applications have the status “under review,” at some point, whether for a matter of seconds or days. And there are three possible outcomes. You could get an email saying you’re approved and receive your new card in the mail after another 7-10 business days. You could be denied by email and get a letter explaining why in 7-10 business days. Or you could be asked to provide extra documentation or clarify a mistake in your application.
While you wait for a decision, there are a few things to keep in mind to prepare for the different possible outcomes.
If your Chase credit card application status is under review:
- Chase looks at your credit history, income, debt, housing status and number of recently-opened cards, among other things, when deciding whether to approve your application.
- Chase credit card applications are usually under review for 7-10 business days.
- Some applicants may receive an instant decision, while others may have to wait up to 30 business days in rare cases.
- You can check the status of your application as often as you want.
- To check your Chase credit card application status by phone, call 1-800-432-3117, follow the prompts and enter your Social Security number.
- To check your application status online, log into your account, click the main menu symbol at the top left of the page (three horizontal lines), and select “Application status.”
- If your application is denied, you can call Chase’s reconsideration number at 1-888-270-2127. Reconsideration is a long shot, but it’s worth trying if your circumstances have changed or you need to explain something on your application.
If your Chase credit card application status is under review, you probably won’t have to wait more than 7-10 days to get an answer. If you get approved, you ordinarily have to wait another 7-10 business days to receive your card in the mail. But you can call Chase customer service to ask for free 72-hour expedited delivery.
If you’re denied, don’t get discouraged. WalletHub’s free credit analysis will tell you exactly how to improve your credit score. You’ll also receive recommendations for credit cards with high approval odds.