McKayla Girardin, Car Insurance Writer
No, TrueRide by Auto-Owners will not raise your rates for poor driving habits. TrueRide by Auto-Owners users will not see any rate increases for things like miles driven or the time of day that you drive, good drivers can save a lot on their premiums every year when using TrueRide, too.
Key Things to Know About TrueRide by Auto-Owners
- TrueRide by Auto-Owners tracks things like miles driven, the time of day that you drive, phone use and road type
- Drivers can use the TrueRide app to track their habits
- Currently only available in Ohio
- Customer reviews of the app average 2.8 out of 5
- Minimum coverage from Auto-Owners costs an average of $28 per month without TrueRide
Remember that poor driving while using TrueRide will not lead to as many discounts in the program as safe driving would. Additionally, regardless of whether you use TrueRide, Auto-Owners itself can raise your rates for things like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and other moving violations. Auto-Owners learns of such things from your driving record and CLUE report, rather than through TrueRide.
To learn more, check out WalletHub’s full review of Auto-Owners Insurance.
People also ask
Did we answer your question?