WalletHub, Financial Company
Yes, you can get a car insurance quote without a car if you have the year, make, and model of the car you are considering buying. If you do not plan to buy a car, you can get a quote for non-owner car insurance by calling a local agent. Most major insurance companies offer non-owner car insurance, but they usually only provide quotes over the phone.
How to Get an Insurance Quote Without a Car
- Find the make, model, and year for a car you’re interested in purchasing.
- Use the general vehicle information and your personal details to get a quote online, over the phone, or at a local agent’s office.
- Explore supplemental coverage options, like comprehensive or collision.
- Compare quotes from several companies so you have a good idea of the price range.
- Look into potential discounts you may be able to qualify for.
Keep in mind that you will not be able to purchase insurance without specific details about your car, like the vehicle identification number (VIN), registration info, and current mileage. However, it can be useful to get a quote for potential vehicles so you better understand what a policy might cost.
Getting Car Insurance Without a Car
If you do not plan to buy a car but you still want coverage, consider getting non-owner insurance. It is a type of coverage for licensed drivers who don’t own a car but sometimes drive using rental cars or borrowed vehicles. It is less expensive than regular insurance and can be a great coverage option while you test-drive potential vehicles.
To learn more, check out WalletHub’s guide to getting car insurance.
People also ask
Did we answer your question?