WalletHub, Financial Company
Yes, Geico offers classic car insurance through a partnership with Assurant for vintage cars, exotic cars, replica cars, classic military cars, or vehicles that are similar. Unlike a normal car insurance policy, Geico classic car coverage is designed for vehicles that do not lose value over time and are not for daily use.
Geico uses an agreed value system, which means that your classic car’s value will be agreed upon by you and Geico when you purchase your policy. The appraisal value will be based on factors like the make and model of the car, how many miles it has on it, historical sales prices, appraisal documents that you provide, and photos of the car.
Geico Classic Car Insurance Vehicle Requirements
- Vintage 1995 model year or older
- A new exotic car, such as an Aston Martin, Lotus, or Alfa Romeo, among others
- A new replica car, like a 1966 Batmobile
- A classic military vehicle, hearse, fire truck, or similar
- Used only for exhibitions, club activities, and occasional pleasure driving
- Stored in a fully enclosed and locked structure
Every company has slightly different eligibility rules for classic car insurance, so you can always check with another insurer if your vehicle does not qualify for a Geico policy. Requirements may also vary by state.
To get a quote for Geico classic car insurance, call (866) 344-2527.
To learn more, check out WalletHub’s guide to classic car insurance.
People also ask
Did we answer your question?