McKayla Girardin, Car Insurance Writer
Yes, Grundy offers classic car insurance. Classic car insurance from Grundy is a specialty type of coverage designed for vehicles like classics and antiques, typically at least 25 years old, that are not used for daily driving or commuting.
Because classic cars are on the road less than normal vehicles, classic car insurance is cheaper than typical policies, costing an average of $400 to $1,000 per year depending on the vehicle. Grundy states their policies can cost more than 50% less than normal car insurance.
Grundy Classic Car Insurance Eligibility Requirements
- Most types of vehicles over 25 years old may be eligible for coverage.
- All vehicles must be kept in an enclosed, secure garage when not in use.
- There is no mileage limit, but insured vehicles cannot be used for daily driving and commuting.
- All drivers on the policy must be at least 25 years old with a clean driving record that has no DUIs and no more than two moving violations in the past 5 years.
- All drivers in the household must have a modern car for everyday use.
Types of Vehicles Eligible for Grundy Classic Car Insurance
- Modern classics
- Muscle cars
- Exotics of any age
- Vehicles with upgraded high-performance engines, suspensions, or body modifications (subject to approval)
Vehicles that are used as a back-up vehicle or for daily use are generally not eligible for car insurance from Grundy due to how they are used or because they have an increased risk associated with them.
To learn more, check out WalletHub’s guide to classic car insurance and see Grundy’s profile for more details.
People also ask
Did we answer your question?