McKayla Girardin, Car Insurance Writer
Yes, Hagerty offers classic car insurance. Classic car insurance from Hagerty is a specialty type of coverage designed for vehicles like collector cars and antiques, typically at least 25 years old, that are not used for daily driving or commuting.
Because classic cars are on the road less than normal vehicles, classic car insurance is cheaper than typical policies, costing an average of $400 to $1,000 per year depending on the vehicle. For Hagerty specifically, premiums are up to 34% cheaper than normal auto insurance.
Hagerty Classic Car Insurance Eligibility Requirements
- Hagerty will consider any vehicle that has some sort of collector, antique, or classic value and is cared for and driven in the spirit of collector cars.
- The insured vehicle must be stored in an enclosed garage or storage unit, though cars stored in carports, driveways, parking garages, or car trailers may be accepted.
- Hagerty has no strict mileage limits, but vehicles must only be used for club functions, exhibits, meets, tours, and occasional pleasure driving.
- The main driver must not have had any serious driving infractions in the past three years, such as DUIs, reckless driving charges, or excessive speeding tickets
- All household members with a valid driver’s license must have a regular-use vehicle for daily driving
Types of Vehicles Eligible for Hagerty Classic Car Insurance
Collector and classic cars
1979 and older
1996 and older
Limited or special edition models, supercars/exotics or imports and special interest vehicles
1980 or newer
20 years and older
Retired commercial vehicles
25 years and older
Vehicles that are used for off-roading or recreation, daily-driven, commercial-use, or motorcycles with performance modifications are generally not eligible for car insurance from Hagerty due to how they are used or because they have an increased risk associated with them.
To learn more, check out WalletHub’s guide to classic car insurance and see Hagerty’s profile for more details.
People also ask
Did we answer your question?