McKayla Girardin, Car Insurance Writer
Yes, J.C. Taylor offers classic car insurance. Classic car insurance from J.C. Taylor is a specialty type of coverage designed for vehicles like classics and stock antiques, typically at least 19 years old, that are not used for daily driving or commuting.
Because classic cars are on the road less than normal vehicles, classic car insurance is cheaper than typical policies, costing an average of $400 to $1,000 per year depending on the vehicle.
J.C. Taylor Classic Car Insurance Eligibility Requirements
- Vehicles must be at least 19 to 24 years old. In Texas, vehicles must be at least 15 years old, and in Massachusetts, vehicles must be least 25 years old
- All vehicles must be stored in a fully enclosed, locked structure such as a garage to be eligible for coverage.
- There is no set mileage limit, but the vehicle must be primarily used for hobby purposes, like club activities, parades, meets, and occasional pleasure driving.
- The vehicle owner must be at least 25 years of age and everyone in the household must have a clean driving record with no more than one moving violation and one at-fault accident in the past 3 years.
- Each licensed household member should have a fairly modern vehicle for their daily transportation needs.
Types of Vehicles Eligible for J.C. Taylor Classic Car Insurance
- Stock antiques
- Street rods
- Vintage motorcycles
- Antique farm tractors
- Retired military vehicles
- Kit cars
Vehicles that are equipped with roll cages, nitrous oxide systems, substantial suspension lifts, or feature accessories such as tow balls, tool boxes, winches or plows are generally not eligible for car insurance from J.C. Taylor due to how they are used or because they have an increased risk associated with them.
To learn more, check out WalletHub’s guide to classic car insurance and see J.C. Taylor’s profile for more details.
People also ask
Did we answer your question?