WalletHub, Financial Company
You can get a State Farm safe driver discount by participating in the company’s optional Drive Safe & Save program. State Farm customers can save up to 30% on their auto insurance policies by participating in this safe driver discount program.
State Farm’s Drive Safe & Save program uses information collected from your smartphone or your vehicle's OnStar service, along with in-vehicle beacons, to calculate your discount. The program monitors things like how quickly you accelerate, your speeding habits, how hard you brake, how fast you take corners, and if you use your cell phone while you drive.
How To Get The State Farm Safe Driver Discount
- Enroll your vehicle in the Drive Safe & Save program by downloading the Drive Safe & Save app (text SAVE to 78836 to receive a download link).
- Log into the app, using your State Farm user ID and password or your driver’s license information, and follow the step-by-step instructions to sign up.
- Set up the Bluetooth beacon(s) that State Farm will send you by mail. You will need to sync the beacon(s) with the app while your car is parked and input the car’s odometer readings.
- Receive a discount (of about 5%) just for signing up for the Drive Safe & Save program, after you’re all set up.
- Use the data the Drive Safe & Save app collects about your driving habits to see how you can become a safer driver and apply that knowledge while you’re behind the wheel. The better you drive, the more you’ll save.
- Confirm your performance-based safe driver discount is being applied to your bill. You can do this by checking your Drive Safe & Save account page, checking your bill, or contacting a State Farm representative.
Getting State Farm’s safe driver discount is relatively straightforward. Just bear in mind that some details vary from state to state. For example, only mileage information is used to calculate discounts for customers in Maryland and New York, while customers in other states could see good driving habits rewarded with a discount. Also, the State Farm safe driver discount is not available to residents of California, Massachusetts or Rhode Island.
People also ask
Did we answer your question?