Citi Double Cash is a Mastercard. This means that you can you the card virtually everywhere in the world that accepts credit cards. Mastercard is accepted in over 200 countries and territories, and by millions of retailers.
But wide acceptance isn’t the only good thing about Citi Double Cash being a Mastercard. You’ll also get a range of benefits. They include:
- Auto rental insurance – protects against collision damage and theft
- Purchase protection – you can get reimbursed for damage or loss of products you buy with your card
- Extended warranties on products you buy with your card
- Travel insurance – may give you back your travel costs if you have to cancel your trip or end it early
- Roadside assistance – will help you out if your car breaks down
- Price protection – you can get part of your purchases refunded if you find a better price somewhere else
And that’s just a taste of the benefits you’ll get from having a Citi Double Cash Mastercard. But if you decide you don’t want to have a Mastercard, Citi does issue some Visa cards as well, just not for this particular credit card.