You can check your Discover card application status online or by phone: 1-800-347-2683. Both methods are very easy, taking just minutes, and available 24/7. You just need to confirm your identity by inputting your SSN, and you’ll find out whether your Discover credit card application is approved, denied or still pending.
Here’s how to check your Discover card application status online:
1. Go to Discover’s application check website.
2. Enter your Social Security number (SSN).
3. Enter your zip code.
4. Hit “continue.”
5. View your Discover card application status.
It’s as simple as that. And it works pretty much the same way if you want to call. But we’ll give you the breakdown anyway.
Here’s how to check your Discover card application status by phone:
1. Call Discover customer service at 1-800-347-2683. This line is available 24/7, and you’ll always get to speak to an actual person.
2. Listen for the menu options. If you’d like skip the full list, press # on the first menu and 4 on the second. Please note that the menu options could change.
3. Input your SSN when prompted.
4. Listen for your application status.
If you end up getting denied, you do have the right to ask for reconsideration, but you’ll need to make the case that Discover’s information about you was incomplete/incorrect. Call customer service at 1-800-347-2683. Good luck!