To apply for a personal loan through Upstart, first check for pre-qualification, and then enter your personal and financial information on the online application. Next, verify the accuracy of the information, submit the application and wait to receive a decision.
How to Apply for a Personal Loan Through Upstart
- Check for pre-qualification. Pre-qualification is a way to check your approval odds and potential rates before you officially apply for a personal loan through Upstart. It doesn't hurt your credit. You can check for pre-qualification on the Upstart website.
- Enter your personal information on the application. Upstart requires the following personal information on the application: the loan amount, loan purpose, your name, date of birth, home address, email address, phone number and academic history.
- Enter your financial information on the application. Upstart requires the following financial information on the application: your work history and annual income.
- Double check the application for accuracy. To ensure that your application gets processed as quickly as possible, make sure that all the information is correct and complete before you submit it.
- Submit your application. Most applicants are approved instantly.
If you are approved for a personal loan through Upstart, you can receive the funds as soon as one business day after approval. After that, it's your responsibility to make monthly payments until you have fully paid back your loan, including interest.
When you check your rate, Upstart will check your credit report. This initial (soft) inquiry will not affect your credit score. If you accept your rate and proceed with your application, Upstart will do another (hard) credit inquiry that will impact your credit score. If you take out a loan, repayment information will be reported to the credit bureaus.
Although educational information is collected as part of Upstart's rate check process, neither Upstart nor its bank partners have a minimum educational attainment requirement in order to be eligible for a loan.
The majority of borrowers on the Upstart platform are able to complete the application process automatically without providing additional supporting documents. Final approval is conditioned upon passing the hard credit inquiry.
If you accept your loan by 5pm EST (not including weekends or holidays), you will receive your funds the next business day. Loans used to fund education related expenses are subject to a 3 business day wait period between loan acceptance and funding in accordance with federal law.
WalletHub Answers is a free service that helps consumers access financial information. Information on WalletHub Answers is provided “as is” and should not be considered financial, legal or investment advice. WalletHub is not a financial advisor, law firm, “lawyer referral service,” or a substitute for a financial advisor, attorney, or law firm. You may want to hire a professional before making any decision. WalletHub does not endorse any particular contributors and cannot guarantee the quality or reliability of any information posted. The helpfulness of a financial advisor's answer is not indicative of future advisor performance.
WalletHub members have a wealth of knowledge to share, and we encourage everyone to do so while respecting our content guidelines
. This question was posted by WalletHub. Please keep in mind that editorial and user-generated content on this page is not reviewed or otherwise endorsed by any financial institution. In addition, it is not a financial institution’s responsibility to ensure all posts and questions are answered.