First off deposits take weeks to show up in my account. Then each time I try to log in I'm asked to verify with a code, however the code never arrives at either location where it is to be sent. Whoever runs this bank needs a new IT person and fast. For my first transaction, if and when my deposits show up, I plan to drain the account by transferring the money to another bank. That about says it all.
Axos Bank Rewards Checking Account
- MINIMUM TO OPEN $50
- MONTHLY FEE None
- MIN BALANCE TO AVOID MONTHLY FEE N/A
- OTHER WAYS TO AVOID MONTHLY FEE N/A
- OVERDRAFT FEE None
- NEGATIVE ACCOUNT BALANCE FEE Info Not Found
- IN-NETWORK ATM TRANSACTION FEE None
- ATM NETWORK SIZE N/A
- OUT-OF-NETWORK ATM TRANSACTION FEE None
- REBATE OF ATM OWNER SURCHARGE Offered, no limit mentioned
- FOREIGN ATM FEE 1%
- DEBIT CARD VISA
- DEBIT CARD FOREIGN TRANSACTION FEE 1%
Axos Bank Rewards Checking Account Additional Info
- REWARDS No
- ONLINE BILL PAY FEE $0 per month
- ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS Your APY can be as high as 1.25% based on the following combined rate rewards: (a) Direct Deposit: Receive monthly direct deposits totaling $1, 500 or more. Interest Earned: 0.40% APY. (b) Debit Card Spending or Personal Finance Manager: Use your Axos Visa® Debit Card for a total of 10 transactions per month (min $3 per transaction) or sign up for Personal Finance Manager (PFM) “Account Aggregation” in Online Banking: 0.30% APY (c) Managed Portfolios: Maintain an average daily balance of $2, 500 per month in an Axos Invest Managed Portfolios Account: 0.20% APY (d) Self Directed Trading: Maintain an average daily balance of $2, 500 per month in an Axos Invest Self Directed Trading Account: 0.20% APY (e) Loan Payment: Use your Rewards Checking account to make your full monthly Axos Bank consumer loan payment. Mortgage, personal, and auto loans are eligible: 0.15% APY
- Zero monthly maintenance fees
- Zero overdraft or NSF fees
- Zero minimum monthly balance reqs
- Unlimited domestic ATM fee reimbursements
- Online debit card management
- Simple, 3-step process for direct deposit
- Only $50 to open an account
The graph above is based on WalletHub data. Actual rates may vary. For time periods with multiple applicable rates in our database, based on different criteria, the above graph reflects the lowest interest rate recorded. Before submitting an application, always verify the rates, fees, and all terms and conditions with the respective financial institution.
Don't see what you're looking for? Submit your question about Axos Bank Rewards Checking Account to our community. Editorial and user-generated content is not provided, reviewed or endorsed by the issuer of this card.
Axos Bank Rewards Checking Account Reviews
After having too many problems with banks, I switched to BOFI. Overall I really like using BofI but I have had some problems getting transactions reversed when they were not authorized or when the company I paid did not deliver the service I paid for. They have also held money longer than I felt was necessary and when I get payments from Amazon for an app that I sell, they consistently put a hold on the money. Then I have to call them and resolve the problem. After receiving payments from the same place for years, it seems odd that they still keep holding the money.
Where have you been all my life? The Bofi Federal Bank Rewards Checking Account offers a better interest rate with less hassle than my high-interest savings account. The 1.24% interest rate is crazy good. The accounts are FDIC insured. And if you’re worried about losing the security of a brick and mortar bank, they have a great online app and support check deposit by smart phone. Online chat for help is great, too. Qualifying for the rate's pretty easy: direct deposits totaling $1,000 or more, debit card purchases and bill payments.