The reason for three stars is due to their over-the-top, frustrating online security policies and their lack of a mobile app at time of review (6/13/12). The simple fact is that I do most of my banking online and appreciate the conveniences of easy online login (BSB is cumbersome), compatibility to financial management software (BSB won't work with some), and mobile app functionality (BSB has no mobile app) such as the ability to deposit checks by taking a picture on a mobile device. I have shared this feedback multiple times over the last few years. Given the fact that Bangor Savings does not excel in any of these three areas, I have recently used Schwab with great success in filling needs that BSB hasn't yet filled.
Bangor Savings Bank Benefit Checking
- MONTHLY FEE None
- MIN BALANCE TO AVOID MONTHLY FEE N/A
- OTHER WAYS TO AVOID MONTHLY FEE N/A
- OVERDRAFT FEE $32
- NEGATIVE ACCOUNT BALANCE FEE $5 every day
- IN-NETWORK ATM TRANSACTION FEE None
- ATM NETWORK SIZE N/A
- OUT-OF-NETWORK ATM TRANSACTION FEE None
- REBATE OF ATM OWNER SURCHARGE Offered, no limit mentioned
- FOREIGN ATM FEE None
- DEBIT CARD Mastercard
- DEBIT CARD FOREIGN TRANSACTION FEE None
Bangor Savings Bank Benefit Checking Additional Info
- REWARDS No
- ONLINE BILL PAY FEE $0 per month
- ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS None
- Automatically qualified for Benefit Savings Account, Bangor Savings Bank premium savings account
- Free Bangor Debit MasterCard with Free ATMs Worldwide
- Automatic reimbursement of $3.00 for each international ATM transaction
- In those instances where the ATM fee exceeds $3.00, please bring your ATM transaction receipt to any Bangor Savings Bank branch for the remaining reimbursement
The graph above is based on WalletHub data. Actual rates may vary. For time periods with multiple applicable rates in our database, based on different criteria, the above graph reflects the lowest interest rate recorded. Before submitting an application, always verify the rates, fees, and all terms and conditions with the respective financial institution.
Don't see what you're looking for? Submit your question about Bangor Savings Bank Benefit Checking to our community. Editorial and user-generated content is not provided, reviewed or endorsed by the issuer of this card.
Bangor Savings Bank Benefit Checking Reviews
Bangor Savings Bank is one of the nicest out of Maine's larger banks. I hold a joint checking account there and have discussed/managed business finances through this bank. When opening the new account, I went into the bank and had an account set up after filling out a bit of information. The process only took a few minutes, and then within minutes of setting up the account, they handed me a debit card, ready to use within a couple hours! Very fast and efficient service and a wonderful organization.