Worst bank to do business with. Staff is unfriendly and dismissive of any issues that arise with your account. The bank acts with impunity when it comes to its actions and they will not respond or provide you with explanations when confronted. If you have the opportunity to bank with someone else, do so, it will save you headache and frustration. The bank doesn’t work with Zelle or Plaid so it makes linking your account very difficult. Forrest Hill, the VP is especially unhelpful and never returns calls or offers any real help. The customer service is routed to India and the people you speak to have no real desire to help you out. Calls regularly get disconnected and you will never receive a callback. The customer service representative Rachel Brown should not even have a job. She was supposed to be my point of contact but never returned any of my calls or emails. Overall, worst experience I have ever had with a bank.
HSBC Premier Checking
- MINIMUM TO OPEN $1
- MONTHLY FEE $50
- MIN BALANCE TO AVOID MONTHLY FEE $75000
- OTHER WAYS TO AVOID MONTHLY FEE Recurring direct deposits totaling at least $5,000 from a third party to an HSBC Premier checking account(s) per calendar month OR an HSBC U.S. residential mortgage loan with an original loan amount of at least $500,000
- OVERDRAFT FEE None
- NEGATIVE ACCOUNT BALANCE FEE Info Not Found
- IN-NETWORK ATM TRANSACTION FEE None
- ATM NETWORK SIZE N/A
- OUT-OF-NETWORK ATM TRANSACTION FEE None
- REBATE OF ATM OWNER SURCHARGE Offered, no limit mentioned
- FOREIGN ATM FEE None
- DEBIT CARD Mastercard
- DEBIT CARD FOREIGN TRANSACTION FEE None
HSBC Premier Checking Additional Info
- REWARDS No
- ONLINE BILL PAY FEE $0 per month
- ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS None
- Get a $450 Welcome Deposit for eligible new customers who open a new HSBC Premier checking account and complete the following qualifying activities
- Open your new HSBC Premier checking account online by January 5, 2022; and
- Make recurring monthly Qualifying Direct Deposits totaling at least $5,000 from a third party to your HSBC Premier checking account(s) for 3 consecutive calendar months from the second full calendar month after account opening.
- You will automatically receive the $450 Welcome Deposit in your new HSBC Premier checking account approximately eight weeks after completing all qualifying activities. It's that simple.
- Deposit products are offered in the U.S. by HSBC Bank USA, N.A. Member FDIC.
The graph above is based on WalletHub data. Actual rates may vary. For time periods with multiple applicable rates in our database, based on different criteria, the above graph reflects the lowest interest rate recorded. Before submitting an application, always verify the rates, fees, and all terms and conditions with the respective financial institution.
Don't see what you're looking for? Submit your question about HSBC Premier Checking to our community. Editorial and user-generated content is not provided, reviewed or endorsed by the issuer of this card.