There is a PNC right in my town, which is the only bank offered in my town (it's a smaller sized town). Anyways, the PNC bank has always been good to me and I have never had a single problem with it. The only negative thing i'd have to say about PNC is the checking account fee. It's pretty dumb, but it's not too expensive and the bank is still worth it even with the fee.
PNC Virtual Wallet with Performance Select
- MINIMUM TO OPEN None
- MONTHLY FEE $25
- MIN BALANCE TO AVOID MONTHLY FEE $5000
- OTHER WAYS TO AVOID MONTHLY FEE Maintain $25,000 average monthly balance in linked PNC consumer deposit and/or investment accounts OR $5,000 in qualifying direct deposits
- OVERDRAFT FEE $36
- NEGATIVE ACCOUNT BALANCE FEE Info Not Found
- IN-NETWORK ATM TRANSACTION FEE None
- ATM NETWORK SIZE 18000 ATMs
- OUT-OF-NETWORK ATM TRANSACTION FEE None
- REBATE OF ATM OWNER SURCHARGE up to $20 per month
- FOREIGN ATM FEE 3%
- DEBIT CARD VISA
- DEBIT CARD FOREIGN TRANSACTION FEE 3%
PNC Virtual Wallet with Performance Select Additional Info
- REWARDS No
- ONLINE BILL PAY FEE $0 per month
- ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS None
- Earn $300 when you open & use a new Virtual Wallet with Performance Select by 09/30/2021
- To qualify for the reward, the new Virtual Wallet with Performance Select product must be opened online via the application links OR in a branch using the appropriate coupon beginning 07/01/2021 through 09/30/2021, and a qualifying Direct Deposit of $5,000 must be received within the first 60 days
- Fees charged by other financial institutions for using their ATMs are reimbursed up to $20.00 per statement period
- As a PNC customer, you can access your money fee-free at nearly 18,000 ATMs across the country
The graph above is based on WalletHub data. Actual rates may vary. For time periods with multiple applicable rates in our database, based on different criteria, the above graph reflects the lowest interest rate recorded. Before submitting an application, always verify the rates, fees, and all terms and conditions with the respective financial institution.
Don't see what you're looking for? Submit your question about PNC Virtual Wallet with Performance Select to our community. Editorial and user-generated content is not provided, reviewed or endorsed by the issuer of this card.
PNC Virtual Wallet with Performance Select Reviews
I always find monthly fees for checking accounts to be a ridiculous theory. Spending money so I can spend money just doesn't make sense. It's a common practice, but honestly no bank should do this.
The monthly fee is fortunately waived as long as you make direct deposits totaling $500 or more.
The overdraft fees are high with a $32 per overdraft transaction plus $7 per day your account remains in a negative balance. They do have a grace period of a couple days, allowing you to make a deposit to cover the overdraft within that time frame to null and void the fees. So while they are lenient in allowing you to correct your mistake, the punishment/fee is still ludicrously high.
Most of my deposits (direct deposits and checks) clear within a single business day and are available to use in my account. This is extremely fast, as most other banks take about 3-5 business days for funds to appear.
The interest rate does not apply to me, as I normally do not save up the $2k mark. But even if I did, it's better off putting it into investments or a savings account with a higher interest rate. The interest rate here is laughable, but like most people, I use a checking account to spend money not save it. Still, if an account is advertised as "interest checking", the ability to gain that interest on your account should be more attainable.
I use this checking account for disposable income, and like I said, I do not have $2k as disposable income per month. If you do, then I suppose the interest will be a nice little bonus for you.
It is hard to beat the interest rate offered by PNC bank select checking. As a young college student paying rent, insurance, and electric I rarely have enough in there to get charged any interest. That type of free checking with the quality customer service and reputation of PNC is hard to match. The also allow to enter your money into a money market account or relative low risk investment accounts, which are excatly what I am looking for. I would definitely recommend to anyone in their early twenties.