2015’s Best Tax Blogs
After two weeks of fan voting – running from March 9 to March 23, 2015 – the people have crowned the Best Tax Blog of 2015: the Philadelphia Estate and Tax Attorney Blog. It was chosen from 50 finalists – selected by WalletHub’s editors out of hundreds of entries – due to its excellent content and impressive popularity.
Make sure to check out all of the winners below, and if your favorite blog didn’t place as highly as you’d like, it’s not too early to start recruiting votes for next year!
Voting will start on Sep 11
2. eSmart TaxeSmart Tax is the online tax preparation division of the Liberty Tax Service family. Like Liberty Tax Service, we offer accurate tax preparation, exceptional customer service, and high standards of professionalism for all of our customers. We make taxes easy so you can get your tax refund fast. eSmart Tax is the best place to file taxes online and receive full support and audit coverage all year around. No matter where you are in the tax filing process, eSmart Tax will handle your tax needs. File your taxes online, get free support tools, and rest assured that you’ll get accurate tax preparation. We guarantee that you’ll have a great tax filing experience.… show moreshow less
3. Tax JusticeCitizens for Tax Justice, founded in 1979, is a 501(c)(4) public interest research and advocacy organization focusing on federal, state and local tax policies and their impact upon our nation. CTJ’s mission is to give ordinary people a greater voice in the development of tax laws. Against the armies of special interest lobbyists for corporations and the wealthy, CTJ fights for: - Tax fairness for middle and low-income families - Requiring the wealthy to pay their fair share - Closing corporate tax loopholes - Adequately funding important government services - Reducing the federal debt - Taxation that minimizes distortion of economic markets… show moreshow less
5. TaxgirlYears ago, I found myself sitting in law school in Moot Court wearing an oversized itchy blue suit. It was a horrible experience. In a desperate attempt to avoid anything like that in the future I enrolled in a tax course. I loved it. I signed up for another. Before I knew it, in addition to my JD, I had a LL.M Taxation. With two graduate degrees and an internship at the Internal Revenue Service attorney’s department under my belt, I needed only to don my cape…. taxgirl was born. Taxgirl.com, now syndicated with Forbes, is a popular site for tax news, tax info and tax policy. I incorporate my experience and education in tax law with my love of writing - and yes, being a little snarky. Specialties:tax law, federal income tax, international tax, estate and tax planning, tax policy… show moreshow less
6. TurboTaxWe help you get your taxes done right. Join us for tax tips &news that will help you keep more of your money. Need help? We're here daily TurboTax is part of Intuit Inc., a leading provider of business and financial management solutions for small and mid-sized businesses; financial institutions, including banks and credit unions; consumers and accounting professionals. Like our page for updates, giveaways, and tax tips.… show moreshow less
8. Whitley PennEstablished in 1983, Whitley Penn has become one of the region's most distinguished accounting firms by providing exceptional service that reaches far beyond traditional accounting. Today, with offices in Dallas, Fort Worth and Houston, 41 partners, approximately 300 exceptional employees, and a worldwide network affiliation through Nexia International , we are strategically positioned to grow and excel in the future.… show moreshow less
10. EY Tax Insights
Bringing you insights on tax issues from policy-makers, leading academics & our own tax professionals, as well as global tax news.
11. TaxMamaWe created this site to help you avoid ever having to get into trouble with the IRS. During my decades of tax experience I have done a lot of tax trouble-shooting, helping people fix bad audits or reduce enormous tax debts, or to get IRS levies removed from wages and bank accounts. In most of the cases the problems could have been avoided fairly easily, but through inaction, stinginess, fear, or sheer cussedness, people got themselves into such big trouble – the stuff of nightmares. I don’t want that to ever happen to YOU. So, please, before making any major financial decisions, please sit down with your own tax professional. If you don’t have one, or would rather not do that – then come to us. We’ll do our best to give you our wisdom. We’ll give you legal strategies and tips. We’ll show you where to look or how to research your situation. But we won’t do the work for you – and we won’t replace your existing tax advisor.… show moreshow less
12. TaxProf BlogTaxProf Blog provides daily news and information of interest to tax academics, practitioners, students, and the general public. It is edited by Paul Caron, a tax professor at Pepperdine University School of Law, who has been named one of the 100 Most Influential People in Tax and Accounting for nine years in a row by Accounting Today.… show moreshow less
At Freed Maxick CPAs, we're not just about accounting. We want you to enjoy life outside of the office.
14. About.com Taxes
Hi, I'm William Perez. It's my mission to help people understand how the tax system works. Because once we understand, we can figure out how to make smart tax decisions. This site provides brief overviews of tax concepts, deductions and credits in plain English, along with ideas for lowering taxes at every income level.
LEVERAGE SALT is a state tax blog with 900+ posts on a variety of multistate tax issues. The site also contains free copies of articles written in Tax Analysts State Tax Notes by Brian Strahle, and a free special report on "15 State Tax Blind Spots and 20 Issues That Impact Businesses of All Sizes."
17. AICPA Insights
Welcome to AICPA Insights, the official blog for the American Institute of CPAs. AICPA Insights features posts from AICPA staff and accounting professionals on a variety of topics affecting the accounting profession, the AICPA and its members.
Litigation involving nonprofit and tax-exempt organizations (such as religious groups), regulations affecting them, and academic papers related to charity governance and philantrhopy law.
19. Bloomberg BNABloomberg BNA, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bloomberg, is a leading source of legal, regulatory, and business information for professionals. The Bureau of National Affairs (BNA) was founded in 1929 as a subsidiary of The United States Daily, to "report, interpret, and explain" the increasingly complicated workings of the federal government. BNA incorporated as a wholly employee owned company in 1947. In September, 2012, it became Bloomberg BNA, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bloomberg.… show moreshow less
21. Tax AnalystsFounded in 1970 as a nonprofit organization, Tax Analysts is a leading provider of tax news and analysis for the global community. More than 150,000 tax professionals in law and accounting firms, corporations, and government agencies rely on Tax Analysts' in-depth federal, state, and international content each day. Tax Analysts has the industry's largest tax-dedicated correspondent staff, with more than 250 domestic and international correspondents.… show moreshow less
22. Block Talk
Tax stories, news, tips and advice from professionals that do this every day.
23. TaxACTTaxACT was created from the ashes of a product called Personal Tax Edge marketed by Parsons Technology. In 1994, Intuit, the makers of TurboTax, acquired Parsons Technology and Personal Tax Edge, their next closest competitor. By 1997, Personal Tax Edge was gone, but the discontinuation of Personal Tax Edge led the founders of 2nd Story Software® (all of whom had worked on the Personal Tax Edge product and had significant accounting, marketing, and software development experience) to create TaxACT. TaxACT launched in 1998 and in less than a decade claimed its place amongst the goliaths of the industry, becoming the #2 destination for online tax preparation. How we ACT is a measure of who we are as individuals, as a community and as a company. We've chosen five powerful words describing the values that our company and customers share to create the TaxACT Code.… show moreshow less
24. Rita Keller
Practical ideas, lessons learned and shared experiences for those in the world of CPA firm management, human resources, administration, marketing and technology.
NSA provides national leadership and helps its members achieve success in the profession of accountancy and taxation through the advocacy of practice rights and the promotion of high standards in ethics, education, and professional excellence.
26. Taxing Subjects
With Taxing Subjects, we strive to inform, enlighten and entertain our readers with relevant content about taxes, business strategy and industry buzz. Taxing Subjects is provided by Drake Software, a leader in the professional tax software market.
The Tax Policy Blog is the official blog of the Tax Foundation, the nation’s leading independent tax policy research organization. Since 1937, our principled research, insightful analysis, and engaged experts have informed smarter tax policy at the federal, state, and local levels.
Jackson Hewitt Tax Service Inc. is an industry-leading provider of full service individual federal and state income tax return preparation. Most locations are independently owned and operated.
I'm Monica, a Gen-X/Gen-Y tax CPA, and this blog records my observations about life in public accounting. These are my two cents, which may or may not be worth two whole pennies.
31. CPA TrendlinesCPA Trendlines is the world’s only research and advisory service focused solely on the tax, accounting and finance professions. We use a time-tested, quality-proven, proprietary blend of data, analysis, community, experience and imagination to produce extraordinary value for our clients. Elite decision-makers from all over the world look to CPA Trendlines for trusted advice, bold insights, and confidential access to exclusive intelligence and decision support. You’ll stay more focused, save time, grow revenue in a fast-changing global digital environment, and sleep better at night. Guaranteed.… show moreshow less
32. Thomson Reuters
Thomson Reuters is a leading global source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals. With operational headquarters in New York and London, Thomson Reuters combines industry expertise with groundbreaking software to deliver critical solutions to leaders in the financial, legal, tax and accounting, scientific, intellectual property and media markets.
33. Going Concern
Going Concern covers the worlds of accounting and business finance. The site provides original news and insider analysis of the culture, people, and firms that shape the industry.
Fox Rothschild LLP is a full-service law firm with more than 600 lawyers in 20 offices coast to coast built to serve business leaders.
35. TaxSlayerGrowing out of an established firm with a solid reputation and over 40 years in the Tax Preparation business, TaxSlayer has the full expertise of a professional tax service behind it. TaxSlayer is proud to assist you in preparing and e-Filing your taxes. The TaxSlayer Mission is…To provide our customers with a REMARKABLE customer experience and provide our fellow employees with a REMARKABLE career experience.… show moreshow less
37. Kaufman Rossin
The Kaufman Rossin Group provides professional services to businesses and their leaders, from inception to succession. CPA firm Kaufman Rossin and fund administrator Kaufman Rossin Fund Services share a rich heritage grounded in integrity, people-first culture and technical excellence.
38. AccountingWEBAccountingWEB provides accounting news, information, tips, tools, resources, and insight--everything you need to help you prosper and enjoy the accounting profession even more! Our goal is to provide the tools and information to help accountants in public practice in small- to medium-sized firms as well as accountants in private practice do their jobs more efficiently, more effectively, and to interact at a higher level with their clients.… show moreshow less
39. Off the ChartsThe Center on Budget and Policy Priorities is a nonprofit, nonpartisan policy organization working at the federal and state levels on fiscal policy and public programs that affect low- and moderate-income families and individuals. The Center is dedicated to improving government policies toward low- and middle-income Americans and ensuring that government has the resources to meet its responsibilities and address critical needs. The Center also helps other nonprofits, both in Washington, DC and across the country, participate more effectively in policy debates over budget priorities and reducing poverty and inequality.… show moreshow less
40. re: The Auditors
Francine McKenna has more than twenty-five years of experience in consulting and professional services including tenure at two Big 4 firms, both in the US and abroad. Look for my column, "Accounting Watchdog" at Forbes.com and "Accountable" at American Banker.
41. Tax InsightsThere is nothing more complex than the world of taxes. We know this and yet we chose careers where we face these issues everyday. We get questions day in and day out about new tax laws, forms and news items and how they affect everyday people and businesses. Well, here at Henry &Horne, LLP we have set out to do what we do best; help everyday people understand what is going on in the world of state, local, federal, estate and international taxation. We will provide these weekly posts and we encourage you to give us feedback on those posts as well as letting us know what else you would like to know more about. Welcome to "Tax Insights." We hope you find this blog informative and worthy of your time.… show moreshow less
The Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center aims to provide independent analyses of current and longer-term tax issues and to communicate its analyses to the public and to policymakers in a timely and accessible manner. The Center combines top national experts in tax, expenditure, budget policy, and microsimulation modeling.
As a service of Alston & Bird's tax groups, this blog focuses on current issues and events in international, federal, state and local tax and wealth planning of interest to business.
Greenback Expat Tax Services specializes in expert US expat tax preparation for Americans living abroad. We offer flat-fee pricing, a hassle-free process and most importantly, CPAs and IRS Enrolled Agents who are experts in US expat tax preparation.
45. Big4Welcome to Big4.com, the global social network for Big Four alumni and professionals (Accenture, Andersen, BearingPoint, Capgemini, Deloitte, Ernst &Young, KPMG and PricewaterhouseCoopers). We recognize that Big4 global alumni and professionals are a talented group of highly-educated, career-oriented professionals who have achieved distinction in their Big Four careers, business, education, and government. Our goal is to build upon the common shared experiences of alumni and professionals who have worked or currently are at any of the Big Four firms and provide a trusted internet platform for inter-member connectivity. We wish to foster a global community and social network with quality content and capabilities.… show moreshow less
46. WeaverHighly satisfied clients and enduring client relationships define our success. Weaver is the firm of choice for leaders whose organizations are built to thrive amidst market cycles and through ever-changing seasons of regulatory compliance. Focusing on select industries and market segments in which we have extensive knowledge and experience, we have been providing high-quality, customized services to clients for more than 60 years. Knowledge, objectivity, intelligence, insight and integrity – Weaver brings that all together with dedication to your success.… show moreshow less
47. Cherry Bekaert
For over 65 years, Cherry Bekaert has provided high quality financial and management services to a diverse and successful client base. Thousands of clients look to Cherry Bekaert’s accountants and advisors for innovative and professional guidance on important operational and financial matters that advance their business goals.
48. US Tax Help
At US Tax Help, Ted Kleinman is not here for the IRS or for the government of any country: he is here for his clients. Ted Kleinman is a Certified Public Accountant with 20 years diversified business experience operating as your Certified Public Accountant with a specialty in international taxation preparation and planning.
49. NYSSCPAThe New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA) is one of the largest state accounting organizations in the nation with more than 28,000 members. It was incorporated in 1897 for the following purposes: - To cultivate, promote, and disseminate knowledge and information concerning certified public accountants. - To establish and maintain high standards of integrity, honor, and character among certified public accountants. - To furnish information regarding accountancy and the practice and methods thereof to its members and the general public. - To protect the interests of its members and the general public with respect to the practice of accountancy.… show moreshow less
You can use the Best Tax Blogs badges found below to indicate that you're participating in the contest.
|Best Tax Blogs Badge 300x300||Best Tax Blogs Badge 200x200|
Was this article helpful?