2015’s Best Wedding Blogs
While certainly joyous occasions, weddings also come at a great expense. The average wedding costs around $31,200, all things considered – an increase of 16% since 2010, despite guest lists shrinking 4%. Reports have also shown that 53% of couples spend 10-plus hours each week planning their weddings, while brides contribute an average of 36 complete days to the same task. On the other hand, hiring a wedding planner will cost you roughly 15% of your total budget.
It’s therefore no surprise that brides, grooms and their families have countless questions about the process – from how much to spend (and on what) to tips for DIY projects that can drastically reduce costs. And that’s just the financial side of things. Fashion, function and fun must also be taken into account.
And the task of providing that information, in this social age of ours, falls squarely on the blogosphere. There are more than 200 wedding blogs out there, and they serve as a collective source of wisdom for millions of people involved in the wedding process. But which ones are the best?
WalletHub narrowed down the field to a list of 50 finalists. Then the readers got to vote their favorites, from July 6 to July 20, 2015, and you can find the final results below.
If you want to share information about the contest on social media, please follow WalletHub on Twitter, Facebook and Google+ and use the hashtag “#WalletHubBestBlogs”. One vote may be submitted per blog per day.
Voting is complete
Desiree Siegfried (Hartsock) Designer, Lover of life, Bachelorette 9.
2. WeddingWireWeddingWire is the most trusted online resource to help engaged couples plan their weddings: - with more than 2 million reviews, we help connect you to the best vendors in the wedding and events industries - we offer a variety of wedding planning tools such as wedding website, wedding checklist, wedding budget and guest list tools, and also a suite of mobile apps to keep you organized and planning on-the-go - nearly 15,000 articles and images to help inspire and advise your wedding planning (and that number is always growing!) WeddingWire is here for you, to make the wedding-planning process as easy and as fun as possible from the moment you say ‘yes’ until the moment you say ‘I do.’ … show moreshow less
3. Four Mine
Four Mine is built on a 30 year heritage of experience in diamonds. We take pride in guiding you through the purchasing process and hand-crafting exceptional rings.
7. Equally WedEqually Wed is the the globe's leading LGBTQ wedding magazine, providing gay, lesbian, trans, bi and queer couples with well-researched articles on everything from saying "I will" to "I do" and everything in between. On EquallyWed.com, our editors and writers cover real LGBTQ weddings, honeymoons, fashion for femmes, butches and men, beauty and grooming, invitations, wedding trends, receptions, vows, dealing with your family, finding gay-friendly officiants and so much more. The Equally Wed team is dedicated to serving the LGBTQ community with a special, comfortable and informative place to plan a wedding and honeymoon. … show moreshow less
8. The Knot
Everything you need to plan your wedding, literally! Wedding dresses, planning tools, wedding ideas, inspiration, photos, plus the best wedding vendors. We eat, sleep and breathe weddings.
9. WeddingbeeWeddingbee® is a wedding blog updated daily by 20+ real brides around the world. We feature blogs, message boards, classified ads, and image galleries, with a core focus on real brides’ wedding planning journeys from engagement to “I Do” and beyond. The site is updated around 20 times a day and is read obsessively by brides, grooms, bridesmaids, women, wedding vendors and industry insiders alike. … show moreshow less
10. Wedding ThingzWedding Thingz is an award winning blog that inspires creativity for brides and anyone else who is planning a wedding or simply loves weddings. It was founded in 2012 by Deborah Collins. She provides readers with information and advice on modern, stylish and sophisticated weddings, features giveaways, real weddings and DIY wedding ideas. She also features information needed after the wedding, in the Beyond Wedding Thingz articles. This area provides information beyond the wedding for fashion, beauty, home decor and more. … show moreshow less
11. Inspired by ThisInspired by This is your one stop shop for everyday inspiration! Whether you’re getting ready to walk down the aisle and say “I Do”, decorating your first home, or welcoming your first baby, we have something for you! Browse our business section to get advice from some of the greatest entrepreneurs in the lifestyle industry. Scroll through the style section to see some of your favorite fashionistas pull the perfect outfit just for you. Planning the wedding of your dreams? Take a peek in our wedding section for some of the most amazing events and unique weddings you’ve ever seen. Have a hot glue gun or paint brush permanently in your hand? Then you’ve got to check out our DIY section with crafts that will make you feel like Ms. Stewart herself! More of the stay at home mom type? Whether you’re a mommy to your furry “kids” or crazy little rugrats, our dwell and grow sections are chalked full of inspiration you’ll love! … show moreshow less
Expert bridal advice, planning tips and trend coverage, plus celebrity wedding news and style alerts. Endless inspiration for your wedding day and beyond.
14. Style Me PrettyStyle Me Pretty is a style savvy wedding resource devoted to the modern bride. We cover everything from gorgeous real weddings to up and coming vendors and seasoned pros in the invitation, floral, fashion and photography industries. We feature only the most chic and style centric wedding related content, continually discovering new and brilliantly talented vendors, brides with an eye for all things gorgeous, and the personal loves of editor, Abby Larson. … show moreshow less
15. LoverlyThe idea for Lover.ly began when Kellee Khalil's sister got engaged to be married. As maid-of-honor to the founder of the wedding PR agency Be Inspired, Kellee expected her sister's industry connections to make the wedding planning process a cinch. But when Kellee found herself on page 30 of a Google search with 15 tabs of fashion retail sites open, she wondered, “If this is hard for me, how do women outside of the wedding world do it?” With so much technology in existence in 2010, it seemed surreal that there wasn't an all-in-one resource where couples could discover the best wedding ideas, shop renowned designers, organize details, get expert advice, and hire their wedding day dream team. It was at that moment that Lover.ly was born. … show moreshow less
17. Bridal MusingsBridal Musings is a wedding blog for hopeless romantics. A source of planning and inspiration for brides, grooms, wedding professionals, and those who are simply in love with all things “I do.“ Bridal Musings was founded in 2011 by Elizabeth Muhmood Kane, a Londoner, red lipstick lover, Pinterest addict, world traveller and self confessed ‘wedding geek’ with a penchant for all things chic and romantic. Since then, a personal blog set up by a newlywed, has turned into a much-loved international wedding resource, featuring beautiful real weddings, stunning wedding films, achingly gorgeous wedding dress collections, and all manner of detail and decor inspiration. We’re even “Vogue-approved” don’t you know?! But Bridal Musings isn’t just pretty, it’s practical too. We feature super helpful wedding planning posts each and every week. March 2014, saw Bridal Musings grow again, as our fabulous new editor, Claire Byrne, joined the team. A Dublin native, living in London, who adores travel, style, interiors, food, and, of course, weddings! And now with a legion of lovely readers, some insanely talented sponsors, a collection of wonderful contributors, and a mammoth social media following (we’ve got over 3.4 million followers on Pinterest!) Bridal Musings is heading into its fourth year with the aim of bringing you even more beautiful wedding inspiration and advice, to ensure your wedding is your very Best. Day. Ever. … show moreshow less
18. DIY Bride
DIY Bride is an interactive learning environment and open community for couples who're planning a wedding. We invite all interested in getting hands-on in all aspects of creating their wedding day from planning to crafting. DIY Bride empowers couples to create amazing weddings no matter what their budget, style, or level of craftiness.
19. Bespoke-BrideAt Bespoke Bride we believe colour and creativity are a match made in heaven! We celebrate individuality with daily doses of stylish wedding loveliness and tutorials to inspire couples to create a wedding that is personal and unique. Whether it is Rustic or Retro, Backyard or Beach, DIY or DIT, all we ask is that you incorporate your superstar selves into your wedding in some way! In return we promise to provide you with plenty of fabulous inspiration as well as connecting you with the unique &creative businesses that can make it happen! … show moreshow less
22. Wedding Chicks
A DIY Wedding and Inspiration Blog. Inspire brides and share ideas, beautiful imagery, and DIY projects for any wedding. The cutest custom totes, tees, and hanky save the dates you can find anywhere.
23. RuffledBlogRuffled started in August 2008 as a space I could share vintage-inspired and handmade idea for weddings. Back then – which seems like ages ago – there was little or no resource on the style. Today the blog grew into one of the biggest resources for engaged couples seeking inspiration for their weddings, blending their unique personal styles into one heck of a gorgeous fete that go beyond the nostalgic love for vintage tidbits. … show moreshow less
28. Bridesmaid.comBridesmaid.com is the official blog of The Dessy Group, a leading manufacturer of bridesmaid dresses and wedding apparel. Bridesmaid.com offers wedding planning inspiration for today's bride and her bridal party, from dresses to jewelry to decorations and much more. Plus, you can shop for bridesmaid dresses, wedding accessories, wedding dresses and men's formalwear all right here on Bridesmaid.com. … show moreshow less
30. MODWeddingMODwedding is home to the ultimate luxury wedding trends and ideas for the modern brides &grooms. Passionate to inspire discerning couples in all aspects of wedding planning, MODwedding grants exclusive access to technology wedding tools and curates captivating editorial content from industry visionaries. From the latest bridal fashion runway trends, lavish reception décor inspirations, to opulent honeymoon hotspots. MODwedding is the quintessential luxury wedding discovery destination. … show moreshow less
33. Black BrideBlackBride.com has been the premier online resource for brides of color since 1998. We've been around for the past fourteen years as the ultimate wedding companion for planning the most romantic and important day of a woman’s life. We provide definitive vendor resources for brides in every aspect of wedding planning, including new trends in fashion, designer wedding gowns, photography, accessories, food, honeymoon travel, destination weddings and so much more. Our mission is to provide support for culturally diverse brides, serving as a unique one-stop resource to enable couples to capture the essence of their journey, marry their personal style to the momentous occasion, and truly have a wedding experience they may call their own. We also provide daily inspiration from real weddings, and all things beautiful for brides to draw from. We here at BB welcome, and encourage women everywhere to select our awesome wedding Pros, because we believe that all women are beautiful in their own light, and deserve to have the wedding of their dreams regardless of race or ethnicity. … show moreshow less
34. Premier BrideBringing brides and bridal business together is what Premier Bride does best. Our goal is to provide the bride with a complete source of information for planning her wedding locally, and to provide local businesses with opportunities to give the bride this information in print and online. Premier Bride is a multi-faceted publishing and marketing venue, designed with both the wedding couple and bridal service providers needs in mind. PremierBride.com offers real time wedding information, helpful tips, photo galleries and quality vendor services. All of the bridal vendors who are listed online or in the print publication have been screened by the local Premier Bride Associate owner. This ensures that the brides and their families will only be interacting with professional wedding experts! Premier Bride is the trusted wedding publication for local resources and knowledge across the country. Premier Bride was started by Steven J. Doumar, Founder and CEO of Doumar Marketing Corporation which published Premier Bride magazine since 1987. After 17 years in the bridal industry through this highly successful local publication and introduction of Premierbride.com, Erv &Debra Sadowski came on board in February 2005 to form KAI Publishing LLC. With 13 successful years as Premier Bride associates, the company continues to flourish with over 30 metropolitan markets in print and over 90 web markets. Premier Bride continues to gain market share and build on an over 20 year tradition! … show moreshow less
35. Burnett's BoardsBurnett's Boards launched in March of 2012 and has grown into a nationally regarded and widely recognized bridal inspiration site since then. Burnett’s Boards is updated daily with wedding inspiration boards, exclusive styled shoots, bridal fashion and event design &styling articles. Whether you are a bride-to-be, industry professional, fellow blogger, casual Internet browser, wedding fanatic, photography lover, or bride-to-someday-be, I know that you’ll find something here that inspires you! … show moreshow less
36. Team WeddingTeam Wedding, founded in January 2000, is a network of wedding related directories and niche wedding websites designed to alleviate wedding planning stress and to give brides and grooms the one-stop-shop experience they need in this busy, modern world. Top Wedding Sites, is the Internet’s first directory of the top ranked wedding sites, voted on by brides, grooms and others interested in hosting a wedding. Plan your wedding fast, easy and in the comfort of your own home, office or anywhere you can get an internet connection. Back in 2009, Team Wedding decided to take all the wedding knowledge and leverage all the amazing experts in our network to create our Team Wedding blog, presented as a team effort, complied of the writings of our professional wedding members. Expert information and advice authored by experts with years of experience in the wedding industry. Our blog is a comprehensive collection of essential information for brides, grooms, bridal attendants, family members, friends and anyone who loves weddings. … show moreshow less
37. The Lovely Findur idea for The Lovely Find came in 2011. We wanted a wedding resource for brides in the South that was beautiful, elegant, and focused on the wedding vendors and real couples that help to make them a reality. In 2014, we’re expanding our vendor guide, and working with awesome photographers and wedding vendors to make The Lovely Find a site of editorial wedding inspiration and high visual impact. Lilian, our resident office assistant and furry companion, likes squeaky toys, laying in front of the fan, and anything that comes inside a shopping bag! … show moreshow less
39. mywedding.comYou probably thought that dating was the hardest thing you'd ever go through, but then you found out what it would take to plan a wedding. Well, don't worry because we are here to guide you on your planning adventure. In fact, we have even made some recent changes that will help you plan your wedding in an interesting and exciting way! Find inspiration in our ideas section. You can search and save images to find exactly what you need to start creating. Whether you want a luxurious wedding filled with roses and chandeliers or just a ceremony for two on the beach, we have the images to inspire your event. Need to hire the right people? Once you start turning inspiration into action, we will help you find vendors that are perfectly suited to create your affair. In the coming months, new features will be introduced which will allow you to search venues and vendors by attribute. No more wasted time contacting venues too small for your big day! Once you enter full-on wedding planning mode, you will probably need someone to "talk" to. We've got you covered! We have articles and advice to help you understand the difference between peonies and posies, tricks for not offending your future in-laws, and suggestions for one-of-a-kind bridesmaid gifts. Stay on task and on budget with our planning tools. Our checklist will ensure that you don't forget the teeny-tiniest of details, and our budget tool will let you know exactly how much you have spent. Above all, we are here with you throughout your adventure. So, congratulations and let's get started! … show moreshow less
40. 100 Layer Cake100 Layer Cake is a creative collaboration between friends and fellow designers Jillian Clark, Amanda Dawbarn, and Kristina Meltzer. Launched in 2009, our wedding blog and website celebrate, inspire, and facilitate the most special events in life - weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, engagements - all the things that make your heart fill with love. Our vendor guide, marketplace, DIY resource and Pop-Up Shop provide a unique resource to help people plan their events, big and small. 100 Layer Cakelet, our family blog and newest addition to our brand, is the natural next step for us (as marrieds and mothers) and our readers, who want a space that can inspire their lives after the last bits of wedding confetti have been combed from their hair. 100 Layer Cake reaches readers around the world and has received critical praise from major publications including Martha Stewart Weddings, The New York Times, In Style Magazine, Harper's Bazaar, Daily Candy and many more. Here's to making the most of every celebration, to living a rich and inspired life… and to remembering that all of this is really, truly, most importantly, about love. … show moreshow less
41. Snippet & InkSince its launch over six years ago in 2007, Snippet &Ink has been the go-to wedding planning resource for sophisticated brides who dream of a unique and meaningful wedding day. By featuring only the most thoughtfully curated content, and by bringing beauty and authenticity to every post, Snippet &Ink is a place where brides and grooms can find ideas and advice for planning their dream wedding. Read more at http://snippetandink.com/about/#ukrJlwmKx0REYAyq.99 … show moreshow less
Glo offers an integrated suite of email wedding invitations, multi-page wedding websites, customizable online RSVPs, and guest messaging tools. We help modern-minded couples invite, inform and interact with their guests in a highly personalized and streamlined way.
43. Artfully Wed
Artfully Wed is a wedding blog for style-conscious brides! We're here to help you transform your wedding day into the masterpiece you've always dreamed of by providing inspiration, ideas & resources for planning your special day!
Washingtonian Bride & Groom is devoted to bringing area wedding specialists, couples, and admirers of all things bridal the very best in spectacular fashion, knowledgeable insight and the most reliable sources in the the industry. Our award-winning publication is the go-to wedding magazine for the Washington, DC region.
45. Bridal GuideWhether you're planning a wedding now, dreaming about one someday or just watching a friend obsess over hers, we’ve got you covered! - Read up on the latest wedding trends, ideas, and news. - Find the wedding gown of your dreams in our gown gallery. - Get real-life inspiration from wedding photos. - Learn the etiquette dos and don'ts. - Plan a perfect engagement party, bridal shower, bachelorette party, or rehearsal dinner. - Learn how to save money without sacrificing style. - Plan your dream honeymoon or destination wedding. … show moreshow less
46. Town & CountryTOWN&COUNTRY is the authority on the meaning of modern society, and why it matters. These days, the financiers, entrepreneurs, athletes, artists, and entertainers who represent the pinnacle of American life are less likely to be found at Newport garden parties or Skull &Bones initiation dinners than at TED Talks, the Super Bowl, the Oscars, and the annual meeting of the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland. TOWN&COUNTRY showcases this seductive world of exceptional people and exclusive places, examining how the activities of these names and faces, their tastes and family traditions, status symbols and private clubs, important ideas and celebrated accomplishments, shape the very world in which we live. TOWN&COUNTRY covers elite education, summer camps, and the complicated lives of rich kids; philanthropy from A to Z; Washington, DC, and Hollywood, two playgrounds where privilege and dynasty still reign supreme; dazzling jewelry, couture, and the finest things made by hand; notable wedding celebrations and the most talked-about parties; ultimate travel and remarkable cars; beauty secrets and anti-aging breakthroughs; houses of legendary design and character; fashion, edited for iconically stylish women and men whose clothes are the chic necessities of an ambitious life; and the behavior—for better or worse—of the one percent. … show moreshow less
49. B.LOVEDB.LOVED is a daily source of inspiration, news, advice and fashionable finds for the modern woman. We know being a busy career girl and keeping on top of the latest trends is tough, so our Editor Louise and her team combine everything from chic real weddings, fashion &interiors trends to practical family and career advice in one super stylish, luxe + lovely, guide. Our team of expert features writers join us to share their very best advice, ideas and inspiration in each of our categories, Weddings, Lifestyle and Little B. Supporting our writers, our Contributor’s Network is made up of talented professionals – from photographers to makeup artists, to florists and crafters – will all be working hard to produce stylish, exclusive content too. Read more about them below. … show moreshow less
50. Classic BrideHi! I’m Sarah, the editor of Classic Bride blog, and I fell in love with preppy + polished wedding style while planning my own wedding (+ blogging every step) back in 2007. The only thing I knew with rock-solid certainty when I started planning my wedding was that I wanted it to feel as timeless as pearls and plaid. I wanted to know that fifty years later, I would be able to look at our wedding photos and still find every single detail classically beautiful. Timelessness became the cornerstone of my wedding, the theme of this blog and the motto of my life. I hope my blog will inspire you to stick to the classics and weather the (wedding planning) storm beautifully with signature style and grace. … show moreshow less
You can use the Best Weeding Blogs badges found below to indicate that you're participating in the contest.
|Best Investing Investing Badge 300x300||Best Investing Investing Badge 200x200|
Was this article helpful?