The best American Express Business Platinum card benefits are 100,000 points for spending $15,000 within 3 months; 5 points / $1 spent on certain spending categories, and access to more than 1,200 airport lounges worldwide. Other benefits include trip cancellation and interruption insurance, rental car insurance, and baggage insurance. And there's a perk that gives 35% of redeemed points back with a selected airline (or any airline for first class and business class flights).
Some American Express Business Platinum card benefits aren't exactly for everyone. Presumably, not every American Express Business Platinum card cardholder will take advantage of the 20% discount on flights with the Delta Private Jet program. But all worldwide travelers will enjoy the 0% foreign transaction fees and the complimentary Priority Pass Select membership, which gets you and up to two guests into Priority Pass lounges for free.
The benefits list for American Express Business Platinum card is long, but the card is only worth its $595 annual fee if you use these benefits often.
Here are some of the top American Express Business Platinum card benefits:
- Airline fee credit: $200 per year in statement credits for airline charges like baggage fees and in-flight refreshments. Applies to one airline selected by cardholder.
- TSA PreCheck or Global Entry credit: Statement credit for the cost of applying for TSA Pre-check ($85) OR Global Entry ($100) every 4-4.5 years.
- Hotel perks: Staying at one of the 1100+ Amex partner hotels provides perks like late checkout, hotel credits and complimentary room upgrades.
- Airport lounge access: Access to over 1,200 airport lounges around the world with the American Express Global Lounge collection.
- 35% redemption bonus: 35% of redeemed points back when used at one selected airline. 35% back on all first class/business class flights regardless of airline.
- Trip cancellation and interruption insurance: Up to $10,000 in compensation per covered trip ($20,000 per year) for cancellation or interruption of you or a family member's travel plans due to accidental injury or illness, bad weather, hijacking, jury duty, or damage to your primary residence.
- Rental car insurance: Covers theft and collision damage for the first 30 days of a rental. Coverage is up to $75,000. Must charge the rental to American Express Business Platinum card and decline the rental company's insurance.
- Baggage insurance: Up to $3,000 per person per trip if baggage gets lost, stolen, or damaged while traveling. Coverage applies to cardholder, spouse and dependent children under 23. The whole reservation must be charged.
Those aren't the only American Express Business Platinum card benefits. But they are the most broadly useful. Most of the other perks are special experiences without a clear dollar value. For example, there's preferred seating at concerts. Or, there are services that very few people need, like private jet bookings.