Capital One Platinumvs.
Discover it Cash Back
This review is not provided, commissioned or endorsed by any issuer. Opinions and ratings are our own.
EDITOR'S OVERVIEWCapital One Platinum Credit Card and Discover it® Cash Back are credit cards designed for two distinctly different types of consumers. Capital One Platinum is an entry-level card for people with limited credit. Discover it Cash Back, meanwhile, is a rewards card geared toward customers with above-average credit. Based on just the credit requirements, your credit history will ultimately dictate which card you should apply for.
How to Choose Between Capital One Platinum and Discover it Cash Back:
- If you’re new to credit and need a starter credit card to establish or build credit history, then Capital One Platinum is a no-brainer.
- If you have a solid track record as a borrower and want to earn rewards for a wide array of routine purchases, Discover it Cash Back is a good choice. You may also have access to other money-saving features and bonus rewards.
If you need additional information to help you decide, the comparison chart below will further illustrate the differences between Capital One Platinum and Discover it Cash Back.
Capital One Platinum vs. Discover it Cash Back: Key Characteristics
Capital One Platinum vs. Discover it Cash Back
Still not sure?
0% for 15 months
0% for 15 months|Transfer Fee: 3%
14.99% - 24.99% (V)
1.5% Cash Back
0% for 15 months
14.99% - 24.74% (V)
Questions & Answers
- Most Popular
- Most Upvotes
- Discover it Cash Back vs. Discover it chrome
- Chase Freedom Flex vs. Discover it Cash Back
- Citi Double Cash vs. Discover it Cash Back
- Discover it Cash Back vs. Wells Fargo Propel
- Discover it Cash Back vs. Amex Blue Cash Everyday
- Citi Simplicity vs. Discover it Cash Back
- Bank of America Cash Rewards vs. Discover it Cash Back
- Discover it Cash Back vs. Discover it Student Cash Back