The best Capital One Quicksilver credit card benefits are travel accident insurance and extended warranty coverage, along with its $0 annual fee and cash back rewards. The Capital One Quicksilver card also has identity theft protection and $0 fraud liability, which are more common perks across Capital One credit cards.
Capital One Quicksilver Credit Card Benefits
- Initial bonus: The Capital One Quicksilver card offers $200 for spending $500 in the first 3 months.
- Ongoing rewards: You earn 5% cash back on hotel and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel, as well as 1.5% cash back on all other purchases.
- Travel accident insurance: Covers you along with your spouse and any unmarried children up to a certain amount in the event of death and several qualifying permanent injuries. Travel fare(s) must be booked with your Capital One Quicksilver card.
- Baggage Delay Reimbursement: You get reimbursed up to $100 per day, for three days, when your bags are delayed for more than four hours at a destination other than your primary residence.
- Extended warranty: The Capital One Quicksilver extended warranty policy will lengthen the original manufacturer's warranty by up to 2 extra years for warranties of 2 years or less. The maximum coverage amount per item is $10,000 ($50,000 per cardholder).
- Identity theft protection: Capital One offers a free credit monitoring service and identity protection tool called CreditWise. This service will send you email alerts when there's important activity on your credit report like a hard credit inquiry or a new credit card account.
- $0 fraud liability: Capital One Quicksilver provides $0 fraud liability if your card is lost or stolen. That means you're not responsible for any unauthorized purchases made with your card.
- Price protection: With price protection, you can be reimbursed for the difference in the cost of an item, up to $250 per claim, if you see it advertised at a lower price within 120 days from the date that you purchased it with Capital One Quicksilver. You can make a maximum of four claims within a 12-month period.
- Roadside assistance: Capital One Quicksilver roadside assistance gives you 24/7 access to a wide range of services whenever your vehicle breaks down.
- Rental car insurance: Covers you and eligible authorized drivers for physical damage, theft, towing and loss-of-use charges. The rental must be charged to the Capital One Quicksilver card, and the rental period must not exceed 31 consecutive days.
- Concierge services: You can contact the concierge service by calling the number you see in the card benefits guide to ask for help with nearly anything, from travel and purchase assistance to directions and restaurant reservations.
- Virtual card numbers: You can get a Capital One Quicksilver virtual credit card number by adding the Capital One Eno extension to your browser. Once installed, log in to your account and enroll with Capital One Quicksilver. With a virtual card number, you can make online purchases with increased protection against credit card fraud.
- Intro APR: There is an intro APR of 0% for 15 months on both purchases and balance transfers. The card's regular APR is 17.99% - 27.99% (V). There is also a balance transfer fee of 3%.
- Annual fee: The Capital One Quicksilver card's annual fee is $0.
- Foreign transaction fee: The card does not charge foreign transaction fees.
As you can see, the Capital One Quicksilver card is a great all-around credit card with low fees, intro APR offers, and a pretty straightforward rewards structure. With 5% cash back on hotel and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel, as well as 1.5% cash back on all other purchases, you don't have to worry about rotating bonus categories, earnings limits or other rewards trickery.
Capital One Quicksilver Rewards
- Earn a one-time $200 cash bonus after you spend $500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening
- Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, every day
- Enjoy up to 6 months of complimentary Uber One membership statement credits through 11/14/2024
- Earn unlimited 5% cash back on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel, where you'll get Capital One's best prices on thousands of trip options. Terms apply
- No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus, cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
The Capital One Quicksilver credit card is a very good everyday rewards card that's worth adding to your wallet. Keep in mind that you need to have at least good credit to get approved for this card. You can check your credit score for free on WalletHub to see where you stand. Capital One will also review your overall credit history, income, and existing debt load, among other factors.
To learn more about the Capital One Quicksilver credit card, check out WalletHub's full review.