What are the best Chase Sapphire Preferred benefits?
The Chase Sapphire Preferred benefits include high rewards on travel, plus thousands of dollars in travel insurance and coverage for damaged or stolen purchases. Chase Sapphire Preferred also offers one of the best initial rewards bonuses on the market. That's a big reason why its among WalletHub's choices for the year's best rewards cards as well as the best credit card deals. The average person would earn more Preferred over the first two years of use than any other Chase credit card, according to WalletHub's latest Credit Card Rewards Report. And Chase Sapphire Preferred's secondary benefits are impressive as well.
Here are the Chase Sapphire Preferred's benefits:
- Initial Bonus: Chase Sapphire Preferred offers one of the best bonuses on the market.
- Travel Insurance: Chase Sapphire Preferred has the best overall travel insurance among credit cards, according to WalletHub's editors. Pay for travel with Chase Sapphire Preferred, and you'll get coverage for delayed, cancelled, or interrupted trips as well as for lost luggage.
- Rental Car Insurance: Paying for your vehicle rental with your Chase Sapphire Preferred card automatically gives you coverage for damage or theft. Chase's policy ranks second among major issuers.
- Extended Warranty: If you buy something that has a manufacturer's warranty, Chase may add a year to your coverage. Chase Sapphire Preferred and Chase Sapphire Reserve® are tied for 17th in this category.
- Purchase Protection: You may be eligible for at least a partial refund if certain items purchased with a Chase Sapphire card are damaged or stolen. WalletHub ranks Chase Sapphire Preferred 6th in this category. The Chase Sapphire Reserve card takes 1st place.
- International Travel Perks: WalletHub's editors analyzed major issuers' perks and policies for international travelers, including travel rewards, foreign transaction fees, emergency assistance and more. Chase Sapphire Preferred and Chase Sapphire Reserve tied for 7th best.
Another Chase Sapphire Preferred benefit is worldwide acceptance. Since Chase Sapphire Preferred is a Visa, you can use it pretty much everywhere in the world credit cards are accepted. Using a Visa or a Mastercard is the best way to convert currency when traveling internationally, too, thanks to low exchange rates that could save you as much as 9%. Plus, Chase is one of the few major credit card companies that will send you a free replacement if you lose your card while out of the country.
In short, Chase Sapphire Preferred is an excellent rewards credit card for people with excellent credit. You can learn more about the offer from WalletHub's complete Chase Sapphire Preferred Card review.