Chase Freedom Unlimitedvs.
Chase Sapphire Preferred
This review is not provided, commissioned or endorsed by any issuer. Opinions and ratings are our own.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card is the winner over Chase Freedom Unlimited®. Chase Freedom Unlimited is better for everyday use and intro APRs. But Chase Sapphire Preferred is the clear choice for travel rewards and a big initial bonus. Sapphire Preferred also has a $0 foreign transaction fee, while Freedom Unlimited charges 3% of each transaction in U.S. dollars.
Both Chase Freedom Unlimited and Chase Sapphire Preferred require good-to-excellent credit for high approval odds. So the choice between the two really comes down to whether you prefer Sapphire Preferred’s bonus travel points or Freedom Unlimited’s combination of cash rewards, 0% introductory APRs and no annual fee.
The thing is, you don’t have to choose. Lots of people use different credit cards for different types of transactions, and Chase Freedom Unlimited and Sapphire Preferred complement each other well. Just don’t apply for them both at the same time. That would hurt your chances to get even one. Wait at least a few months in between.
To help you choose which Chase rewards card to target, we’ll compare the two offers in more detail below.
Chase Freedom Unlimited vs. Chase Sapphire Preferred: Key Characteristics
Chase Freedom Unlimited vs. Chase Sapphire Preferred: Rewards
Chase Freedom Unlimited vs. Chase Sapphire Preferred: Additional Info
Still not sure?
0% for 15 months
0% for 15 months|Transfer Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater in the first 60 days (5%, min $5 after)
17.99% - 26.74% (V)
19.99% - 26.99% (V)
Questions & Answers
- Most Popular
- Most Upvotes
- Chase Freedom Unlimited vs. Flex
- Chase Freedom Unlimited vs. Citi Double Cash
- Chase Freedom Unlimited vs. Capital One Quicksilver
- Wells Fargo Active Cash vs. Chase Freedom Unlimited
- Chase Freedom Unlimited vs. Amex Everyday
- Blue Cash Everyday vs. Chase Freedom Unlimited
- Amex Cash Magnet vs. Chase Freedom Unlimited
- Chase Sapphire Preferred vs. Capital One Venture
- Chase Freedom Flex vs. Chase Sapphire Preferred
- Chase Sapphire Preferred vs. Barclaycard Arrival Plus
- Chase Sapphire Preferred vs. Amex Platinum
- Citi Premier vs. Chase Sapphire Preferred
- Wells Fargo Propel vs. Chase Sapphire Preferred
- Bank of America Travel Rewards credit card vs. Chase Sapphire Preferred
- Citi Double Cash vs. Chase Sapphire Preferred
- Chase Sapphire Preferred vs. Amex Blue Cash Preferred
- Chase Sapphire Reserve vs. Preferred
- Chase Sapphire Preferred vs. Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards
- Chase Credit Cards vs Bank of America Credit Cards