Chase Sapphire Preferredvs.
This review is not provided, commissioned or endorsed by any issuer. Opinions and ratings are our own.
EDITOR'S OVERVIEWChase Sapphire Preferred® Card and The Platinum Card® from American Express are both excellent rewards cards for domestic and international travelers with above-average credit scores. There are a few qualities that set the two cards apart, too.
- Choose Sapphire Preferred if you’re a moderate spender and plan to use your card for dining on a regular basis, in addition to travel.
- Pick Amex Platinum if you’re a heavy spender and very frequent traveler who is willing to pay more for premium benefits, which may include airport lounge access and various statement credits.
Chase Sapphire Preferred vs. American Express Platinum card: Key Characteristics
Chase Sapphire Preferred vs. American Express Platinum card
Still not sure?
16.99% - 23.99% (V)
See Pay Over Time APR
1 - 4 points / $1
Questions & Answers
- Most Popular
- Most Upvotes
- Chase Sapphire Preferred vs. Capital One Venture
- Chase Freedom Flex vs. Chase Sapphire Preferred
- Chase Sapphire Preferred vs. Barclaycard Arrival Plus
- Chase Freedom Unlimited vs. Chase Sapphire Preferred
- Citi Premier vs. Chase Sapphire Preferred
- Wells Fargo Propel vs. Chase Sapphire Preferred
- Chase Sapphire Preferred vs. Bank of America Travel Rewards
- Citi Double Cash vs. Chase Sapphire Preferred
- Chase Sapphire Preferred vs. Amex Blue Cash Preferred
- Chase Sapphire Reserve vs. Preferred
- Chase Sapphire Preferred vs. Bank of America Cash Rewards