Chase Sapphire Preferredvs.
Opinions and ratings are our own. This review is not provided, commissioned, or endorsed by any issuer.
EDITOR'S OVERVIEWThe Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card is the winner over The Platinum Card® from American Express. Chase Sapphire Preferred is the cheaper option by far and still offers stellar rewards, producing tremendous value for moderate spenders.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred charges a $95 annual fee, but comes with an impressive initial bonus of 60,000 bonus points for spending $4,000 in the first 3 months, along with high ongoing rewards rates and an annual hotel credit. On the other hand, the American Express Platinum card is still a good deal for travelers who can take advantage of the card’s lucrative initial bonus offer and don’t mind paying a high annual fee in return for elite perks such as airport lounge access.
Chase Sapphire Preferred vs. American Express Platinum card: Key Characteristics
Chase Sapphire Preferred vs. American Express Platinum card: Rewards
Chase Sapphire Preferred vs. American Express Platinum card: Fees / APRs
Chase Sapphire Preferred vs. American Express Platinum card: Membership Fees
Still not sure?
19.99% - 26.99% (V)
19.74% - 26.74% (V)
1 - 4 points / $1
Questions & Answers
- Most Popular
- Most Upvotes
- Chase Sapphire Preferred vs. Capital One Venture
- Chase Freedom Flex vs. Chase Sapphire Preferred
- Chase Sapphire Preferred vs. Barclaycard Arrival Plus
- Chase Freedom Unlimited vs. Chase Sapphire Preferred
- Citi Premier vs. Chase Sapphire Preferred
- Wells Fargo Propel vs. Chase Sapphire Preferred
- Bank of America Travel Rewards credit card vs. Chase Sapphire Preferred
- Citi Double Cash vs. Chase Sapphire Preferred
- Chase Sapphire Preferred vs. Amex Blue Cash Preferred
- Chase Sapphire Reserve vs. Preferred
- Chase Sapphire Preferred vs. Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards
- Chase Credit Cards vs Bank of America Credit Cards