With credit-card debt levels remaining high in 2018, we asked a panel of credit experts to shed light on the unsustainable credit behavior that leads to such negative results and their effects on the economy. Click on the experts’ profiles to read their bios and thoughts on the following key questions:
- What daily behaviors lead people to amass credit-card debt?
- What is the biggest mistake people make when managing credit-card debt?
- How does the growth of credit-card debt affect the economy?
- How will actions taken by the Federal Reserve affect credit card debt in 2019?
- What role, if any, should government play in incentivizing and encouraging people to maintain low debt-to-income ratios (e.g., through tax incentives)?