The Costco Credit Card benefits range from rewards to travel insurance. Most importantly, Costco Credit Card enables you to earn rewards on items that may already be discounted heavily. Costco routinely offers great deals, and the Costco Credit Card gives you up to 4% cash back on eligible purchases.
So all in all, Costco Credit Card can save you a significant amount. And aside from your yearly Costco membership dues, the Costco Credit Card has a $0 annual fee.
Costco plastic provides a bunch of other perks, too. So, let's explore the best of the bunch.
Here are the Costco Credit Card benefits:
- Excellent cash back rewards. 4% cash back on eligible gas for the first $7,000 per year, 3% on restaurants and travel, 2% on Costco and Costco.com purchases, 1% on all other purchases. Receive an annual credit card reward certificate, which is redeemable for cash or merchandise at U.S. Costco warehouses, including Puerto Rico.
- Protection from damage/loss. Costco Credit Card helps you in two ways here. First, eligible items you buy using your get their existing warranties extended. Secondly, Citi's purchase protection may reimburse you for damage or loss of an eligible item within 120 days (90 days for NY residents) of the purchase date.
- 0% foreign fee. No matter where life takes you, you'll pay no foreign transaction fees on purchases.
- Travel insurance. This includes Travel Accident Insurance which covers you up to a specified amount in the event of death or dismemberment. You need to make sure the cost of your far is charged to your eligible Costco Credit Card card.
- Worldwide Auto rental Insurance. Your rental cars may also be insured when you pay with Costco Credit Card, as long as you decline the rental company insurance. Coverage is secondary for domestic rentals and primary for international ones.
- 24/7 travel assistance. Citibank will provide roadside assistance services such as towing, jump starts, flat tire changes (when a spare is available), fuel delivery and more. Terms apply and Costco Credit Card cardholders are responsible for the associated costs, as per a pre-negotiated price per service call. Aside from roadside assistance, you also get travel emergency assistance in the form of travel information, transportation arrangements, referrals to local legal, medical services and more.
- CitiEntertainment. Citi cardholders can buy tickets to certain exclusive entertainment events through this program.
- Citi quick lock. This tool allows you to block access to your credit card, without making you change your account number.
And finally, as with most credit cards, you'll have $0 liability for any unauthorized charges made on your account. As you can see, there's a lot to like about the Costco Credit Card.
And Costco's business card, Costco Anywhere Visa® Business Card by Citi , has all the same terms and benefits. If you're already a Costco member and you have excellent credit, the rewards and other benefits are well worth applying for either of these cards.