Capital One Quicksilver card is an excellent everyday rewards card that you only need good credit to get. The Quicksilver Card’s benefits include a $0 annual fee, an introductory APR of 0% for 15 months, and simple yet lucrative rewards: 1.5% cash back on all purchases. It also has a $0 foreign transaction fee and a nice initial rewards bonus: $150 for new cardholders who spend $500 within three months of opening an account.
So if you want a low-maintenance rewards card, the Capital One Quicksilver Credit Card might be right for you. To help you decide, we’ll summarize below the main factors to consider before submitting a Capital One Quicksilver Card application.
Capital One Quicksilver Ratings by WalletHub Editors:
|Cash Back Rating
||4.5 / 5
||4.9 / 5
||4.6 / 5
||4.4 / 5
Capital One Quicksilver Review Highlights:
- $150 Initial Bonus. The Capital One Quicksilver Card’s $150 initial bonus is one of the easiest initial bonuses to earn, despite not being among the biggest available. All you have to do is spend at least $500 within three months of opening an account. That works out to 30% cash back, which isn’t too shabby at all.
- 1.5% Cash Back on Purchases. You don’t have to worry about rotating bonus categories, earnings limits or other rewards trickery with the Capital One Quicksilver. Instead, you get a steady cash-back earning rate that’s nearly 50% higher than the market average.
- No Annual Fee. The Quicksilver Card’s $0 annual fee saves you around $20 per year compared to the average credit card. You won’t feel pressured to use your Quicksilver Card just to break even, either.
- No Foreign Fees. Like all other Capital One credit cards, the Quicksilver Card does not charge foreign transaction fees. That’s one reason it’s among 2020’s best credit cards for international travel, according to WalletHub’s editors.
- 0% Intro APR. Capital One Quicksilver currently offers 0% for 15 months on purchases to new cardholders. The period is longer than average for a 0% credit card offer, according to WalletHub’s Landscape Report.
- Good Credit or Better Required. If you don’t have the good or excellent credit needed to get the standard Quicksilver Card – find out by checking your latest credit score for free on WalletHub – you may still be able to join the Capital One Quicksilver family. The Capital One® QuicksilverOne® Cash Rewards Credit Card is available to people with limited or fair credit.
Finally, it’s always a good idea to read some user reviews before getting a new product. And you can see what the people think of Capital One Quicksilver below, following the answers to a few key questions common among Quicksilver cardholders and applicants.
Learn More About Capital One Quicksilver:
The minimum payment required by the Capital One Quicksilver Card each month is $25 or 1% of the balance plus interest, late fees and past-due amounts – whichever is greater. If the full balance is less than $25, the minimum payment is equal to the full balance.
The Capital One Quicksilver Card does not charge international fees. No Capital One credit cards do. Using a credit card with no international fees such as Capital One Quicksilver for purchases made abroad, rather than converting hard currency, can save you up to 9% on international spending.
Capital One Quicksilver has a grace period of 25 days. The Quicksilver Card’s grace period runs from the end of each billing period to the due date. No interest will be assessed on balances during that time, provided the cardholder always pays the balance in full by the due date.