What is the Chase Freedom Flex calendar for 5% categories?
The Chase Freedom Flex 5% bonus categories are Amazon.com and Lowe's, from April through June 2023. Chase Freedom Flex gives 5% cash back on the first $1,500 spent in these bonus categories, as long as the cardholder activates them by June 14.
Keep mind that the bonus categories on Chase Freedom Flex's calendar change quarterly and don't always repeat year over year. It's also important to note that any purchases in these categories above the $1,500 limit will give 1% cash back.
Chase Freedom Flex Calendar for 2023
January to March
April to June
July to September
To be announced
October to December
To be announced
How the Chase Freedom Flex Calendar Works
The Chase Freedom Flex 5% calendar is pretty straightforward and easy to use. In order to earn 5% cash back in the Chase Freedom Flex bonus categories each quarter, you will need to "activate" the category. The deadline to activate is typically halfway through the final month of the quarter.
Unfortunately, you can't see the whole year's cash back categories in advance. But you do get about a month's notice, and Chase is very transparent about the activation dates. As long as you activate before the deadline, all purchases in the bonus categories during the quarter will get 5% cash back, even if you made them before activation.
How to Activate the Chase Freedom Flex Bonus Categories
- Online: For online activation, visit the Chase bonus categories page and enter your name, the last 4 digits of your card number, and your ZIP code. Then, click on the green "Activate your 5%" button.
- Through Chase Ultimate Rewards: You can also activate the bonus categories through the Chase Ultimate Rewards webpage. Just log in using your credentials and click the "5% cash back" button, followed by the "Activate your 5%" button.
- Via the Chase mobile app: Download the Chase mobile app and log in to your account. Scroll down until you find "5% cash back" and tap that link. On the next screen, tap the "Activate your 5%" button.
- At a Chase branch: You can visit your nearest Chase branch and ask for a teller to help you.
- Over the phone: You can call (800) 432-3117 or the number you see on the back of your card. Enter your credit card number, and you will be connected to a live representative who should be able to assist you with your request.
Past Chase Freedom Flex Bonus Categories
Bonus Categories per Quarter
It's also worth noting that the Chase Freedom family has another good rewards credit card, the Chase Freedom Unlimited®. This card's bonus categories don't rotate but include a wide range of purchases, from drugstores to dining and travel. The card offers 1.5 - 5% cash back, depending on the type of purchase.
Alternatives to the Chase Freedom Flex Card
You can also check out our editors' latest picks for the best 5% cash back credit cards on the market.