Shell Credit Card
- Make qualifying purchases of $500 or more in a billing cycle and you will earn a credit of 10¢ per gallon or more on the first 100 gallons of Shell gasoline or Shell diesel you purchase with your card the next billing cycle.
- Make qualifying purchases of $1000 or more in a billing cycle and you will earn a credit of 15¢ per gallon or more on the first 100 gallons of Shell gasoline or Shell diesel you purchase with your card the next billing cycle.
- Make qualifying purchases of $2499.99 or more in a billing cycle and you will earn a credit of 20¢ per gallon or more on the first 100 gallons of Shell gasoline or Shell diesel you purchase with your card the next billing cycle.
- ANNUAL FEE None
Shell Credit Card's Additional Info
- MAX LATE FEE $37
- MAX PENALTY APR None
- GRACE PERIOD 25 days
- ONLINE RESPONSE No
RATE 28.49% (V)
FEE 5% (min $5)
TRANSACTION FEE 3%
- SMART CHIP Yes, chip-and-signature
- Online services, including account management, statements, unbilled activity, and faster payments.
- $0 Liability on unauthorized charges.
Don't see what you're looking for? Submit your question about Shell Credit Card to our community.
- The more you spend, the more you’ll save. Spending at least $500 in a month with your Shell Credit Card scores you a discount of $0.10 per gallon the next month, applicable to the first 100 gallons you buy. Similarly, spending $1,000 to $2,499.99 would save you $0.15/gallon. And you’d get $0.20/gallon for spending $2,500+. Assuming gas costs $2.50/gal., those earning rates would amount to 4% to 8% back. That’s pretty good for folks who always fill-up at Shell stations, but it’s worth noting that you can get 5% back at any station from the best gas credit cards.
- No annual fee. None of the best gas credit cards charges an annual fee. So in that sense, the Citi Shell MasterCard fits right in. The lack of an annual fee also stands to save you about $16.78 per year compared to the average credit card, market-wide.
- Not built for balances. Gas isn’t the type of purchase that should force you to carry a balance from month to month. And the Shell Credit Card’s 24.49% regular APR helps underscore that point. It’s obviously well above the 18.14% and 13.16% charged by the average credit cards for people with good and excellent credit, respectively. And that’s a good reason to always pay your bill in full.
- Reserved for people with good credit or better. More than 40% of consumers won’t be able to get approved for the Shell Credit Card due to this minimum credit requirement. So you’d be wise to check your credit score for free on WalletHub before applying.
- Not the only way to save at the pump. The Shell MasterCard isn’t the only Shell credit card. The Shell Drive for Five Gas Card, which only requires fair credit for approval, is also an option. You can compare the two offers here. It’s also worth checking out WalletHub’s editors’ picks for the year’s best gas rewards credit cards, which feature selections for people in each creditworthiness category, if you’re not wedded to the idea of getting one of the Shell credit cards.
Share your insights and review the Shell Credit Card.
WalletHub is an independent comparison service.
We work hard to show you up-to-date product terms, however, this information does not originate from us and thus, we do not guarantee its accuracy. When you click "Apply Now" you will be directed to the offering institution's website. In addition, keep in mind that actual rates and other information may vary for a number of reasons including the applicant's' creditworthiness and differences between an individual's situation and the criteria/assumptions used to generate the information displayed. Before submitting an application, always verify all terms and conditions with the offering institution. Please let us know if you notice any differences.
Ad Disclosure: Offers originating from paying advertisers are noted as "Sponsored" at the top of this page. Advertising may impact how and where offers appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). At WalletHub we try to present a wide array of offers, but our offers do not represent all financial services companies or products.
Irrespective of whether an offering institution is a paid advertiser, the presence of offer information on WalletHub does not constitute a referral or endorsement of the institution by us or vice versa. Furthermore, offers have not been reviewed or approved by the offering institution. Information is displayed first and foremost to help consumers make better decisions.
Last updated on: February 13th, 2017 at 11:27
WalletHub is an independent comparison service.
Offer last updated: Feb 13th, 2017 at 11:27 ET