Shell Gas Card
Excellent, Good, Fair
- Get 25¢ off every gallon of Shell fuel for the first 2 months after your account open date
- Save 5¢ on every gallon of Shell Fuel with no minimum purchase requirements and no maximum savings cap.
- ANNUAL FEE None
Shell Gas Card's Additional Info
- MAX LATE FEE $37
- MAX PENALTY APR None
- GRACE PERIOD 25 days
- ONLINE RESPONSE No
RATE 29.99% (V)
FEE 5% (min $10)
TRANSACTION FEE N/A
- SMART CHIP No
- Flexible Terms – Option to make the minimum payment due or pay in full.
- Pay at the pump convenience.
- Manage your account online - Review unbilled charges and current statements, and make and schedule your payments.
- Secured with $0 Liability for unauthorized charges and Citi® Identity Theft Solutions.
Don't see what you're looking for? Submit your question about Shell Gas Card to our community.
Can I use my regular Shell credit card as a rewards card? How do I get a rewards card using my existing account? Reply
Can I use my Shell card to make purchases at any store?
- Shell’s fair-credit card. Shell actually offers two different credit cards: this Shell Gas Card for people with fair credit and the Shell Platinum Mastercard for folks with good credit or better. The Platinum version not only provides better rewards at the pump than the Shell Gas Card, but it can also be used to make non-Shell purchases. You can compare the two Shell cards’ most important terms here. And you can check your credit score for free on WalletHub to see which offer you’re likely to get approved for.
- 5 cents off every gallon. The Shell Gas Card, more formally known as the Shell Drive for Five Card, lives up to its name by giving you a $0.05-per-gallon discount on Shell gas. That’s not too exciting, however, as it works out to only 2.22% cash back when gas costs $2.25 per gallon. For context, the market’s best gas rewards cards offer 5% back on gas purchased at any station.
- No annual fee. Gas station-affiliated credit cards don’t tend to charge annual fees, so you shouldn’t overstate the importance of this particular feature. With that being said, the Shell Card’s lack of an annual fee does make it about $16.17 per year cheaper than the average credit card, market-wide.
- Very high APR. The average credit card for someone with fair credit has a 21.97% regular APR, according to WalletHub research, while the average card for people with excellent credit charges just 13.56%. This paints the Shell Card’s APR in a decidedly negative light, illustrating why carrying a balance from month to month would be a big mistake.
- Other ways to earn gas rewards. There are plenty of ways to save money on gas that don’t involve a Shell rewards card. For starters, most other station-chains have their own rewards cards, which are at least worth considering if you aren’t totally committed to Shell. You should also check out cards offering gas rewards at any station as well as those with especially lucrative rewards on other everyday expenses. After all, your total savings are what really matter, not how much you save on gas in particular.
Share your insights and review the Shell Gas Card.
WalletHub is an independent comparison service.
We work hard to show you up-to-date product terms, however, this information does not originate from us and thus, we do not guarantee its accuracy. When you click "Apply Now" you will be directed to the offering institution's website. In addition, keep in mind that actual rates and other information may vary for a number of reasons including the applicant's' creditworthiness and differences between an individual's situation and the criteria/assumptions used to generate the information displayed. Before submitting an application, always verify all terms and conditions with the offering institution. Please let us know if you notice any differences.
Ad Disclosure: Offers originating from paying advertisers are noted as “Sponsored” at the top of this page. Advertising may impact how and where offers appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). At WalletHub we try to present a wide array of offers, but our offers do not represent all financial services companies or products.
Irrespective of whether an offering institution is a paid advertiser, the presence of offer information on WalletHub does not constitute a referral or endorsement of the institution by us or vice versa. Furthermore, offers have not been reviewed or approved by the offering institution. Information is displayed first and foremost to help consumers make better decisions.
Editorial and user-generated content on this page is not provided, commissioned, reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the issuer. In addition, it is not issuer’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Last updated on: September 15th, 2017 at 10:18
WalletHub is an independent comparison service.
Offer last updated: Sep 15th, 2017 at 10:18 ET