Compare the checking accounts offering no foreign fee debit cards below to find the best option for you. In our Expert’s Answers, you can learn everything you need to know about using your debit card abroad.
- General Consumer
- Business Owner
- College Student
Heritage Bank eCENTIVE Checking Account
- No monthly fee or minimum balance requirements.
- Automatic ATM refunds up to $25 – (Refunds for domestic ATM fees charged by other ATM owners and MasterCard cross border/currency conversion fees for debit card foreign transactions)
- 3 EASY eCENTIVE® QUALIFICATIONS:
- (a) Total monthly debit card purchases posted to your account equaling a minimum of $500.
- (b) Have at least one direct deposit or automatic payment (ACH) each month.
- (c) Enroll and receive monthly eStatements.
- Base Interest Rate (non-qualifying) 0.05% APY.
Charles Schwab Bank High Yield Investor Checking
- No monthly fees, no minimums, and a competitive APY.
- No fee to use a Schwab Bank ATM. Unlimited ATM fee rebates worldwide.
- When you open your High Yield Investor Checking account, you’ll be opening a brokerage account at the same time and receiving a separate account number for each. You can view both accounts online with a single login, pay no monthly or low-balance fees, and easily transfer funds between accounts for free.
- Domestic wires only (Schwab Bank does not send wires to countries outside the U.S. and its territories)
Capital One 360 Checking Account
- When you set up free direct deposit, you may receive your money up to 2 days sooner.
- You have three options to choose from if you want overdraft service: Auto-Decline, Free Savings Transfer and No Fee Overdraft. Your default option is Auto-Decline. You can change your overdraft preference after you open the account. If you are enrolled in No Fee Overdraft, the overdraft fee is $0 on approved transactions.
- Use over 70,000 Capital One, MoneyPass® or Allpoint® ATMs at zero cost.
Capital One Money Teen Checking
- No monthly service fees or balance requirements.
- No BillPay or checks.
- Once child turns 18, your teen can choose to open a 360 Checking account and transfer their balance from their MONEY account.
- 70,000+ Fee-free Capital One® and Allpoint® ATMs.
HSBC Premier Checking
- Features Include:
- Global Banking
- - Free International account opening and portable credit history
- - Access your global HSBC accounts from one place with Global View
- - No fees for Global Transfers between eligible HSBC accounts worldwide
- - Covert, hold and send money abroad with no transfer fees with our Global Money account
- No HSBC Fees
- - No HSBC fees* on everyday banking transactions
- - No HSBC incoming or outgoing wire transfer fees
- - No foreign transaction fees using your Premier debit or credit card
- - No U.S. HSBC ATM fees worldwide
- *A monthly maintenance fee may apply
- Restrictions may apply see offer page for full details.
- Deposit products are offered in the U.S. by HSBC Bank USA, N.A. Member FDIC.
RBC Bank U.S. Business Checking
- Avoid foreign transaction fees by using your RBC Bank U.S. Visa Debit card to make cash withdrawals and pay for U.S. purchases.
- Automatically convert and instantly transfer money for free between your RBC Canadian and U.S.-based accounts through Online Banking.
- Excessive withdrawal fee (per withdrawal over 100 per month): $0.35 per item.
- Get cash at over 50,000 no-fee ATMs across the U.S.
Santander Bank US Select Checking
- No international transaction fee for debit card purchases and ATM withdrawals.
- Up to $30 rebate per service fee period for ATM surcharge fees charged by other institutions at non-Santander ATMs.
- No fee for expedited replacement card (lost, fraud, reissue)
- No fee to use more than 30,000 Santander ATMs globally.
Chime Checking Account
- Chime has no monthly fees, minimum balance fees, foreign transaction fees and overdraft fees.
- Get fee-free overdraft with SpotMe. Eligibility requirements apply.
- For Chime members who are eligible for and enrolled in SpotMe, Chime will approve debit card purchases that result in a negative balance on your Chime Checking Account up to a specified amount.
- You can get cash at more than 60,000+ fee-free ATMs – Including ATMs at popular retail stores like Walgreens®, CVS®, 7-Eleven®, and Target®.
Citibank Citi Priority Checking Account
- No Citi fees at non-Citi ATMs.
- Higher limits on ATM withdrawals and debit card purchases.
- Travel perks including no Citibank fees on ATM withdrawals worldwide and no foreign exchange fees when using debit card abroad.
- Choose from more than 65,000 fee-free ATMs at Citibank branches and participating retail locations nationwide.
Lili Business Checking Account
- No overdraft fees.
- No minimum balance or deposit.
- No foreign transaction fees.
- No ATM fees at 38,000+ locations.