- $0 annual fee
- 1 - 3% cash back
- $500+ credit limit
- APR up to 29.99%
- Rewards may take longer to get
- No grace period
Upgrade Triple Cash Rewards Visa Review Summary
The Upgrade Triple Cash Rewards Visa is a good credit card for people whose top expenses include home, auto or health-related purchases. Upgrade Triple Cash has a $0 annual fee and gives rewards of up to 3%, so it’s worth considering if the card’s bonus rewards categories match up with your spending habits.
This card is particularly good for people with fair credit, who don’t have as many attractive alternatives to choose from as people with higher credit scores. Upgrade Triple Cash is not the best card for financing, though. It doesn’t offer a 0% APR introductory promotion, and its regular APR could be as high as 29.99%.
- Earn a $200 bonus on your Upgrade Card after opening a Rewards Checking account and making 3 debit card transactions*
- Unlimited cash back on payments - 3% on Home, Auto and Health categories and 1% on everything else
- *To qualify for the $200 welcome bonus, you must open and fund a new Rewards Checking account and make 3 debit card transactions within 60 days of your Upgrade Card account opening. The bonus will be applied as a one-time credit to your account and will not otherwise reduce the amount of your regular monthly payments. The bonus credit will be posted to your Upgrade Card as a rewards credit within 1-2 billing periods following the third debit card transaction on your Rewards Checking account. Your Upgrade Card must be in good standing to receive a bonus.
- $0 fees - $0 annual fee, $0 activation fees, $0 maintenance fees
- Combine the flexibility of a credit card with the predictability of a personal loan
- No touch payments with contactless technology built in
- See if you qualify in minutes without hurting your credit score
- Access to a virtual card while you wait for your card to arrive in the mail
- Great for large purchases with predictable payments you can budget for
- Mobile app to access your account anytime, anywhere
- Enjoy peace of mind with $0 Fraud liability
- More Details & Reviews About Upgrade Triple Cash Rewards Visa®
Upgrade Triple Cash Rewards Visa Highlights
$0 annual fee
No annual fee credit cards are better than the alternative, all else being equal. But it could be worth paying an annual fee if the extra rewards you earn will more than make up for the extra cost. The average annual fee among new credit card offers right now is $21.
1 - 3% cash back in rewards
This card could be excellent or average, depending on how your spending is categorized. You’ll get 3% cash back on purchases from retailers with a merchant category code related to home, auto or health. Otherwise, you’ll get just 1% back, which hundreds of other credit cards offer.
Below, you can see some examples of purchases that are likely to qualify for 3% cash back with the Upgrade Triple Cash Rewards Visa®. If you’re not sure about a particular retailer, it’s a good idea to ask customer service.
Examples of Qualifying Purchases
|Home Depot||Tractor Supply Co||Walgreens|
|Wayfair||Tires.com||Dick’s Sporting Goods|
The Upgrade Triple Cash Rewards card offers a $200 bonus to new cardholders who open and fund a new Upgrade Rewards Checking Account and make 3 debit card transactions within 60 days of opening their Upgrade Triple Cash Card. This bonus will be credited to your Upgrade Triple Cash account within 1-2 billing cycles after the qualifying transactions are completed.
Upgrade Triple Cash Rewards Visa Lowlights
14.99% - 29.99% APR
You can do better than the Upgrade Triple Cash Rewards Visa if avoiding interest on purchases that will take a while to pay off is your top priority.
Only people with excellent credit are likely to get a rate toward the low end of the Triple Cash card’s advertised range, and those same people could also qualify for one of the best 0% APR credit cards when the need arises. Even more importantly, people with lower scores may wind up with a rate that’s higher than the market average for a new credit card offer.
Rewards are earned when you pay the bill
If you don’t pay your bill in full every month, you won’t earn all of your rewards as quickly as you might with other cards. That’s because Upgrade Triple Cash rewards you after you pay them for your purchases, rather than after you pay the merchant.
Other Things to Consider About the Upgrade Triple Cash Rewards Visa
640 minimum credit score
The Upgrade Triple Cash Rewards Visa is available to applicants with fair credit or better. It’s particularly good for people with fair credit (a credit score of 640 to 699), since the competition isn’t quite as strong. People with good-to-excellent credit have a good chance of qualifying for some of the best credit cards overall.
You can check your credit score for free on WalletHub.
$500+ credit limit
The Upgrade Triple Cash Rewards Card’s credit limit is $500 to $50,000, depending on each applicant’s income, credit history, and overall financial situation. The card’s maximum credit limit is very high, but most people are more likely to get a rate closer to the minimum.
Pre-qualify without hurting your credit
Before you apply for the Upgrade Triple Cash Card, you will have to check if you’re pre-qualified. This will tell you how likely you are to get approved as well as what APR and credit limit you might get. It won’t hurt your credit score, either, since there’s only a soft credit inquiry. Then, you can decide whether to officially apply, which will require a hard credit inquiry.
Upgrade Triple Cash Rewards Visa vs. The Competition
Upgrade Triple Cash Rewards Visa®
Petal® 2 Visa® Credit Card
Wells Fargo Active Cash® Card
|Bonus Offer||N/A||N/A||$200 Cash Rewards|
|Rewards Rate||1 - 3% Cash Back||1 - 1.5% Cash Back||2% Cash Rewards|
|Purchase Intro APR||N/A||N/A||0% for 15 months from account opening|
|Transfer Intro APR||N/A||N/A||0% for 15 months from account opening on qualifying balance transfers|
Transfer Fee: 3% intro for 120 days, then up to 5% (min $5)
|Regular APR||14.99% - 29.99%||15.99% - 29.99% (V)||17.99% - 27.99% Variable|
|Details, Rates & Fees||Learn More||Learn More||Learn More|
Rates & Fees