Alfa Insurance Review
Alfa Insurance is a regional provider offering standard and high-risk auto insurance in 10 states across the South and Midwest. Alfa is part of the Alabama Farmers Federation (AFF). It reserves the most competitive rates for AFF members, but you don’t have to be a member to get car insurance.
Alfa has fewer than average complaints compared to other companies of its size. Customers value the reliable coverage and hands-on, local support. If you’re an AFF member, rates from Alfa are competitive with national providers. But it will cost more if you’re not a member.
Sample Alfa Auto Insurance Quotes
|21-year-old||$162 / month|
|30-year-old||$107 / month|
|42-year-old||$105 / month|
WalletHub’s editors sampled Alfa insurance quotes for six driver profiles representative of average drivers in the coverage area. All details remained the same across all profiles except for age and gender.
Alfa Car Insurance Review Highlights
- Alfa Insurance’s basic coverage options include bodily injury liability, property damage liability, collision, comprehensive, medical payments, and uninsured/underinsured motorist.
- Supplemental coverage options include roadside assistance, loss of income, loss of use, and gap insurance.
- Alfa offers free benefits like payment for transportation expenses after car theft and up to $50 a day for lost wages if an Alfa rep asks you to go to a trial or hearing related to a claim.
- Specialty policies include non-owner and high-risk coverage.
- Alfa offers discounts for teachers, students, driver training and education, multiple policies, and homeownership.
WalletHub’s editors give Alfa Insurance a rating of 3/5. Alfa is an established, reputable company with coverage options to suit most drivers’ needs, but it has a limited coverage area and higher premiums for customers who aren’t AFF members.
Was this article helpful?