Shelter Insurance offers flexible coverage options and multiple discounts to drivers across 15 states—Arkansas, Colorado, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, Ohio, Oklahoma, and Tennessee. The company has strong customer satisfaction ratings due to its focus on personal service.
You can file a claim and get a quote online, but Shelter’s customer approach is not the right fit for drivers looking for a tech-driven consumer experience. You’ll have to contact a local agent to verify coverage details, complete your policy purchase, and resolve claims processing. Since you’ll work with a local agent, your customer service experience can vary. Shelter doesn’t have the most competitive rates, either. It’s worthwhile to compare Shelter’s quotes against a national provider.
Sample Shelter Insurance Quotes
|21-year-old||$261 / month|
|30-year-old||$179 / month|
|42-year-old||$125 / month|
WalletHub’s editors obtained sample Shelter auto insurance quotes for a total of six driver profiles, which are fairly representative of average drivers in the coverage area. All details remained the same across all profiles except for age and gender.
Shelter Insurance Review Highlights
- Shelter’s basic coverage options include bodily injury liability, property damage liability, collision, comprehensive, personal injury protection, uninsured/underinsured motorist, and medical payments.
- Shelter’s supplemental coverage options include gap insurance, loss of use payments, disability income, and accidental death reimbursement.
- Shelter’s free benefits include roadside assistance and rental reimbursement.
- Shelter’s top discounts include safe driver, good student, paid-in-full, multicar, multipolicy, and driver education.
- Shelter’s specialty policies include business auto insurance and rideshare coverage.
Overall, WalletHub’s editors give Shelter Insurance a rating of 3/5 due to the company’s hands-on local network of over 1,400 agents, multiple discounts, and high customer satisfaction ratings. Shelter’s regional restrictions and pricing are the company’s biggest drawbacks.